Whats the best air cooler for 2600k

Associate
Hi there i have a 2600k on an asus p8p67 deluxe motherboard, under stress ive noticed my cpu almost reaching 70 degrees! at present I have an alpenfohn matterhorn "the Beast" cooler and is currently cased in a raven rv1 tower. Id like to know the very best cooler I can buy! on my motherboard theres an "asus auto overclock function" and when the turbo mode kicks in , it boosts upto 4.6ghz and ive noticed the volts changing little amounts in cpu-z? if i manually overclock and leave volts alone, do u think the temps will come down? idle temps for cpu are 35c and 29c for motherboard

Associate
After researchnig the subject a lot over the last couple of days, I am opting for the Thermalright Archon. It performs very well, is quiet and doesn't appear to have ram clearance issues although it is very tall (170mm) so make sure it fits your case if you go with it.

The noctua gets good reviews as does the thermalright silver arrow and thermaltake frio. There are others as well as no doubt others will mention

Associate
OP
yeah thats a good point, i thought mine was big at 158mm, I like the silence of the noctua but why do they use such horrible colours, especially when almost all cases have side windows. i will have a look at the archon thanks, there is not a lot of room from cpu area to the ddr area as my fan would not fit due to the size of vengance memory so now have it on the wrong side :(

Associate
Capture.png

That is a TRUE Black with 1 Scythe Kaze Jyuni 1900RPM controlled by the mobo running Prime95 large FFTs.

CPU at 4ghz..

Associate
Running a 2500k on a Corsair A50, great little (big) thing for £30 :)

Temps around 65-66 load, 30-33 idle.

(With fan through a speed controller on lowest setting, non-audible)

Back
Top Bottom