Hazro series - HZ30Wi, HZ30WiQ, HZ27WA, HZ27WB & HZ27WC

Soldato
Lol, £440 now not so sure about these, would love one but the price quality ratio seems a bit off...
You wouldn't be saying that if you'd seen one in action, the colours are as bright and vibrant as a CRT. Watching movies and especially playing games is stunning, and a couple of dead pixels don't detract from it at all.

As is human nature, people are quick to make a big deal of the negatives whilst totally ignoring as the positives.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just set mine up after having it sat on the floor behind me for the past 3 days! (that was a painful 3 days) i've got the odd faulty pixel, i think one is dead and 2 are "hot" or whatever it's called, can't really see any dust under the glass. Seems pretty much spot on to me, i can't see the pixels with problems in any films, games or during normal use, i can only find them using a dead pixel test and leaning right into the screen.

Either im one of the lucky ones or some people are really really picky.

Soldato
You wouldn't be saying that if you'd seen one in action, the colours are as bright and vibrant as a CRT. Watching movies and especially playing games is stunning, and a couple of dead pixels don't detract from it at all.

As is human nature, people are quick to make a big deal of the negatives whilst totally ignoring as the positives.

I'm quite sure they are very nice and even the pixel issue is understandable. However the psychology of launching a product with visible dust under the screen, some unhappy customers and then a rising price seems a bit daft.

If as suggested there are just a handful of picky buyers surely it makes sense to do what you can to appease them and enhance your reputation as a result. I still have this on my radar but as I need two screen every increase in price will cost me double. The £400 barrier is an important one, at least to me...

Associate
So let's be honest here. If they're picking from the same samples and suppliers as dell and apple why does EVERY panel have at least one faulty pixel?

Associate
So let's be honest here. If they're picking from the same samples and suppliers as dell and apple why does EVERY panel have at least one faulty pixel?

That's merely semantics. Just because it's from the same supplier and sample, doesn't mean it's the stock which D&A didn't accept.

To be honest I am still awaiting to see if the later batches resolve the dust issue or if Hazro are fine with you removing the glass panels to remove the dust (without voiding your warranty completely).

These are undoubtedly great screens, just a couple of minor issues that are preventing me from putting money aside for a couple of them.

Associate
Well I took a leap of faith and had to see if this monitor was as good or as bad as people where saying for me self so clicked on the buy and got me a HAZRO A

well got to say its a great screen I cant really fault it, games are just jaw dropping at its native res.

I've got a golden display as there is not a single spec of dust behind the glass.

not one dead,hot or stuck pix to be seen my eyes are bloody hurting from searching I tell u and spent the best part of an hour checking for them.

I do have a few gripes thou monitor stand is just pants u need to be able to fully adjust a monitor of this size

what idiot thought it be a goood idea to include 2 stubby screws for vesa mounts and also screw threads for these mounts are far to shallow had to use plastic washers to pack screws

also whats with windows 7 thinking this monitor is a 2233sb samsung syncmaster

so guess with these monitors its like a lottery not every ones going to be a winner.

Do hope u guys with problems with these monitors manage to get it sorted shame OCUK wont check a monitor out for u before they dispatch it

Soldato
Well I took a leap of faith and had to see if this monitor was as good or as bad as people where saying for me self so clicked on the buy and got me a HAZRO A

well got to say its a great screen I cant really fault it, games are just jaw dropping at its native res.

I've got a golden display as there is not a single spec of dust behind the glass.

not one dead,hot or stuck pix to be seen my eyes are bloody hurting from searching I tell u and spent the best part of an hour checking for them.

I do have a few gripes thou monitor stand is just pants u need to be able to fully adjust a monitor of this size

what idiot thought it be a goood idea to include 2 stubby screws for vesa mounts and also screw threads for these mounts are far to shallow had to use plastic washers to pack screws

also whats with windows 7 thinking this monitor is a 2233sb samsung syncmaster

so guess with these monitors its like a lottery not every ones going to be a winner.

Do hope u guys with problems with these monitors manage to get it sorted shame OCUK wont check a monitor out for u before they dispatch it

But does your screen suffer from the yellow tint problem?

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=824940

http://tapplox.com/imac-led.html

The grey boxes should all be the same colour.

Associate
slight yellow tinting on the link but in every day use not seen it happen I thought this was common with ips panal

not getting any lag as far as gaming been playing COD4 online also been bashing crisis 2 looks great feels smooth mouse wise

Associate
OP
Those 2 screws are actually fixing the plastic enclosure to the internal frame so they do serve a purpose. Also, the monitor being thin means those M4 tank bushes are only a few mm deep but we're certain users get 3~4 turns out of them. At approx 8kg, that's enough for any arm or 3rd party bracket.

Associate
3-4 turns not very good if the monitor is going to wobble on the arm my 2 different monitor arms used with the same type of screw have fitted 4 different types of monitor with out a problem both have a vesa plate thats 2mm thick

and the monitor being thin is no excuse for how deep those bushes are worked with thinner monitors and those did not seem to suffer the same problem

Im sure every one here who has a monitor stand does not want 8 kg of monitor wobble

surley u could supply screws that fit with about 2mm clearance from tank bushes

i mean the last thing some one wants to do is run round B&Q looking for screws to fit a new monitor on there stand when they just forked out 400-500 odd quid

lucky i had those washers there is no way i would use that stand its pants

Associate
"Im sure every one here who has a monitor stand does not want 8 kg of monitor wobble"

No.

"i mean the last thing some one wants to do is run round B&Q looking for screws to fit a new monitor on there stand when they just forked out 400-500 odd quid"

Don't want to, but will be getting some longer screws. I can guesstimate the size Hazro, but can you confirm what diameter (mm) the screws should be?

Associate
Sent mine back. All the small imperfections adds up. I would rather spend a bit more to ensure 0 dead pixels and/or dust.

Might have another go if the next bacth improves.

Back
Top Bottom