Summer Transfer Window 2013/2014 aka Arsenal , we can afford folks and the mancs really want Fellani

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I am sure tiote could be had for small change after the last season. Perhaps he will come good this season but could be a ''classic'' 1 amazing season premiership player

Lots of Newcastle players have been terrible this season, and we know a lot of them are very, very good players. So I think it's just a bad season/lack of motivation from the manager that has been a big problem there. It would be worth going for him though, I think.

I just saw that Yaya Sanogo is out of contract at the end of this season, so I don't mind Arsenal having a go with him. He might come good, and he can't be on much wages anyway.

Caporegime
I think Wenger needs to buy from the BPL instead of buying from abroad and having to wait for that player to adjust.

Benteke, Tiote, Taarabt, Michu ect should be the sort of targets I'd imagine would fit in well at Arsenal.

Wouldnt mind seeing Benteke at Arsenal, heard he was an Arsenal fan as it is. But sadly we have Wenger and Arsenal buying players like Gervinho et al and hoping they turn out to be world class players but in reality, they are nowhere close to being world class players. The only decent signing we have made in the past couple of yrs has been Monreal at LB, he was a decent buy and is a good sub for Gibbs as he tends to be injured far more than playing a full season:p

But then I wake up, and realise none of that will happen.

:D:D

No doubt DM will be coming in, all guns blazing and having a huge rant at Wengers inability to sign decent players....anytime soon:p

Soldato
To be fair, Wenger has brought in some decent players this past couple of seasons: Arteta, Monreal, Giroud*, Cazorla, Podolski, Jenkinson.

The only issue has been having to lose class players each season, which makes it that much harder. It would be damn hard for anyone to have replaced Fabregas, and then the season after RvP. If Arsenal had kept those 2, as well as the signings that have been made, I think Arsenal would be challenging for things.

* Not everyone is a fan of Giroud, but he is a decent player. The issue is people expected a replacement for RvP, which he obviously isn't - Doesn't make him a bad player though.

Caporegime
To be fair, Wenger has brought in some decent players this past couple of seasons: Arteta, Monreal, Giroud*, Cazorla, Podolski, Jenkinson.

The only issue has been having to lose class players each season, which makes it that much harder. It would be damn hard for anyone to have replaced Fabregas, and then the season after RvP. If Arsenal had kept those 2, as well as the signings that have been made, I think Arsenal would be challenging for things.

* Not everyone is a fan of Giroud, but he is a decent player. The issue is people expected a replacement for RvP, which he obviously isn't - Doesn't make him a bad player though.

If that was the only lot that Wenger bought that is one thing, when he spent a hell of a lot more than that in the past 4 years and most of it was rubbish, that is the real problem.

I'll also point out Monreal, as I said might well happen, has been benched more than not since Gibbs got fit, no point spending 8mil on a left back who gets played behind a completely garbarge left back.

I don't mind Giroud, but he plays a very specific way, he absolutely needs smart players to play 1-2's with him. Giroud with Podolski left and Santi behind looks pretty good, Giroud with Santi left and no one behind, or Gervinho left, looks useless.

He's an interplay kind of player, not a 30 goal a season finisher playing upfront. The few times we played to his strengths he's looked actually very very good, when we play him as the guy to get all the goals and make runs in behind, he's looked very very poor, when isolated in tough games and we knock the ball up to him, he's looked essentially useless.

Its hard to judge at this stage if his goals and good games are mostly down to the opposition quality than the way we played, because naturally against worse teams Podolski will get in to the box and have more close interplay with Giroud.

we need a top right back and to give Jenkinson more games(again no point Jenks being good if Wenger outright refuses to play him), Arteta is getting worse the longer he's been at Arsenal(something common to every defensive purchase we've made for YEARS now), Santi still goes missing way too often in the bigger games to be yet be described as good enough for the role.

Walcott is a joke, he actually put in effort, but it was against Wigan, he's predictable and people choose to ignore it. I don't care if a player is as good as Messi if he outright refuses to play football in more than 3 games a season. He's a lazy a-hole who clearly doesn't care about anything more than his contract, he clearly put in more effort during the month before he got his extortionate deal, and he clearly put in more effort in his last home game of the season(then the fans randomly remember that performance, not his overall season), between the contract being signed and the end of the season there wasn't an ounce of fight, effort or quality in anything he did.

Wenger may well be sticking by him because he shows some quality in training but never shows it on the pitch and he hopes he'll suddenly have Ronaldo's drive in every single game, he won't, the sooner we get rid the better. With Walcott you get 5 mins of effort at the start of each half, or when he comes on, you get more effort at the start of the season, the last few games and if he's looking for a contract, everything between is lazy crap. You win leagues and cups on the 90min performances, not 5 minute ones, he's precisely the type of player that is the problem at Arsenal.

Arsenal won't win things because despite the players, its the mentality, the defensive organisation, the belief, the confidence and the attitude of players. That first half against Utd, I can't think of another performance like that in the past 5 years, if Arsenal could play like that EVERY game we could win the league with our current squad. The problem is that both because of Wenger, and the kind of players we have, the Walcott's, the Sagna's, the Gibbs, the combination of manager and the players he's bought mean they can't play with that kind of attitude, we've got the wrong types of player with the wrong attitude with the wrong manager.

Soldato
OP
945289_10151602477514127_553478546_n.jpg

fez

fez

Caporegime
Those with or without stats are always misleading.

2011-2012
Arsenal with RVP - GF 74

2012-2013
Arsenal without RVP - GF 71 (with one game to play)

I think you mean irrelevant. Any side without their main striker is unlikely to do as well as when they have him start. Who knows whether another striker wouldn't have contributed more in his position. He is first choice and starts all games if he can so what about the ones that get maybe 10 starts in a season and don't play for weeks on end.

Its just another stupid metric to support people views as if they were something more than opinion.

Soldato
Gaitan has been spoken about before, will be interesting to see what changes Moyes actually makes in players brought in rather than legacy targets that were previous windows. Can imagine there are a few players he really liked as everton manager and never had the funds, bit like me without the Euromillions jackpot......

Caporegime
Not sure where the Podolski rumours came from but it just sounds like a load of rubbish to me, he's been with us for one season and has had a pretty successful initial campaign, not really sure why he'd want to leave save for wanting to play through the middle more in which case he'll have to share with Giroud. It's a bit frustrating to see Podolski taken off in the 70th minute or sat on the bench, but 11 goals and 9 assists in his first season isn't a bad return at all.

I'm liking the partnership of Koscielny and Mertesacker, they seem to have forged a solid working relationship and Koscielny has the pace to make up for any positional mistakes made by Mert. I know a lot of people aren't big fans of Mertesacker and I can see why but he has improved recently and that partnership seems to be pretty decent, we have the second best defence in the league on goals against and a large part of that has been down to those two players. Apparently Mertesacker and Koscielny are unbeaten in 17 starts together and haven't conceded more than one goal since November, that's not bad.

We need to look at another CB though, Vermaelen has been incredibly error prone this season and he seems to favour forward forays instead of responsible defending. He had an awesome first season but has appeared to fall down the wayside since then, I wouldn't mind someone with a bit of steel about them, doesn't have to be anybody amazeballs, just a solid backup CB or someone able to put some competition into the backline as right now Vermaelen looks spent.

We could really do with a midfielder who can defend as well, I like Coquelin but he has hardly had a chance to play in the role, Arteta is decent enough at keeping the ball and playing it safe but it feels like a massive waste of his passing range when his main job is to play a 10 yard ball to a defender or another midfielder.

Man of Honour
On the flipside there is always the danger that he'll be like the proverbial kid in a sweet shop, and start throwing money around on tat just because he can. Alternatively he could be used to paying Everton fees, so when the +50% tag for MU is quoted to him he won't be happy with the valuations selling clubs put on a player.

Caporegime
Gaitan has been spoken about before, will be interesting to see what changes Moyes actually makes in players brought in rather than legacy targets that were previous windows. Can imagine there are a few players he really liked as everton manager and never had the funds, bit like me without the Euromillions jackpot......

It was rumoured a couple of years ago. I wasn't a fan then but he does seem to be a decent player now.

Soldato
On the flipside there is always the danger that he'll be like the proverbial kid in a sweet shop, and start throwing money around on tat just because he can. Alternatively he could be used to paying Everton fees, so when the +50% tag for MU is quoted to him he won't be happy with the valuations selling clubs put on a player.

He is scottish, land of the 10W lightbulb

Soldato
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...avid-moyes-will-address-rooney-situation.aspx

Sir Alex Ferguson insists David Moyes will address the situation regarding Wayne Rooney’s future.

Sir Alex confirmed after Sunday’s match against Swansea that the striker has asked leave to the club and he says it’s a matter that will now be dealt with by the new manager.

“I haven’t spoken to David about it. I’m sure he’ll address it when he gets here,” said the Scot.

“I’ve no idea [why Wayne wants to leave]. It’s not my department. I’m no longer interested in that.

“David is going to deal with that and he quite rightly wants to deal with it. I’m happy with that.”

Time for this to rumble on for quite some time with endless speculation and debates on here on if he's **** or not.

Bloody transfer window.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom