Poll: Neknomination - retarded, or just a bit of fun?

Nenomination - retarded?

• Retarded

Votes: 302 47.6%
  • Retarded

Votes: 39 6.2%
  • Retarded

Votes: 47 7.4%
  • Retarded

Votes: 81 12.8%
  • Retarded

Votes: 66 10.4%
  • Retarded

Votes: 99 15.6%

• Total voters
Permabanned
I'm not talking about these two, but say person A creates a video, person B then does it to outdo that person, they die, arrest person A.

They'll soon get the message.

Did your mother say to you 'if x jumped off a bridge, would you do it too?'

Person B, in your scenario, is a ****ing idiot. Good riddance. We lost a moron. We all get a slightly larger share of the available oxygen they would otherwise have stolen.

Man of Honour
So you just let it happen and stand by and do nothing? Yes it's very extreme what I said, but what would you do to deter these idiots?

I get the fact they are idiots but to say they deserve it is a cold thing to say.

If the thought of them dying doesn't deter them then there's little hope anything else will.

Soldato
So you just let it happen and stand by and do nothing? Yes it's very extreme what I said, but what would you do to deter these idiots?

I get the fact they are idiots but to say they deserve it is a cold thing to say.

As I said above, it's symptomatic of a much wider problem in our culture. People do all sorts of idiotic things on Friday and Saturday nights in the name of being "lads". I know people who have downed bottles of vodka and the like outside of neknomination.

The issue is not that this is being filmed. The issue is that people do this sort of thing every weekend. Its being filmed for neknomination simply shows up the extent of the problem in this country.

Soldato
Although I think its a bit stupid, so far I havnt seen any "dangerous" ones that would result in death, most of the people are just putting half and half of two different lagers in a pint glass and necking it, whilst dressed in something stupid.

One person I did see yesterday had a drink mixer

Proceeded to break 5 eggs over his head and his face, poured a bag of flour over his head, then proceeded to neck the pint, then he said "there is only one way to wash this **** off my face" then proceeded to open a can of lager and pour it over his head to clean the crap off, then smashed the can over his head crushing it.

Soldato
Luckily the only ones I can see on my facebook right now are actually #RAKNominations (Random Acts of Kindness).

So its all good really. The morons kill themselves off with NekNominations. Actual good comes from RakNominations.

Soldato
I don't see how nek nominate can be responsible for people jumping off bridges though.

Thats just self stupidity

Because people like to pretend that it wasn't there own fault. Or rather, the families of people like to pretend they were pressured into it and it wasn't inevitably there kins own retarded decision.

Soldato
That's exactly it, all my friends on bookface wouldn't dare challenge me to a drinking contest of any kind.

Amateurs.

we-have-a-badass-over-here.jpg

Soldato
A friend of mine was just stressing out about being nominated, about a) having to go ahead with it and b) wanting to do something interesting rather than just a regular drink (and she didn't want to do something alcoholic).

In the end she made a 'lava lamp' which was made up of a half a pint of water, half a pint of vegetable oil, blue food colouring, and to make it turn into a 'lava lamp', a few tablets of some effervescent vitamin things. Then downed it. It genuinely looked ******* disgusting. She then called me up later saying she felt unwell. I nearly went out with this girl a few years ago. Phew.

Man of Honour
A friend of mine was just stressing out about being nominated, about a) having to go ahead with it and b) wanting to do something interesting rather than just a regular drink (and she didn't want to do something alcoholic).

In the end she made a 'lava lamp' which was made up of a half a pint of water, half a pint of vegetable oil, blue food colouring, and to make it turn into a 'lava lamp', a few tablets of some effervescent vitamin things. Then downed it. She then called me up later saying she felt unwell. I nearly went out with this girl a few years ago. Phew.

Don't tell her about the amount of calories she'll have consumed or else that might be another death attributed to it, when she kills you for telling her.

Permabanned
Just another daft craze, some are taking it too far to obviously look cooler than others but I don't think it's hurting anyone, many people drink far more than that anyway 1-2 nights a week.

Will die out soon enough.

Associate
I saw one which was a chap who downed 20 shots of Absinth washed down with a bottle of beer.

Dread to think what happened to him later in the day :eek:

Back
Top Bottom