Can someone please tell me what is wrong with my computer?

Associate
So here's the problem, my computer got the blue screen of death while idling, and only being on for 20 minutes or so.

After the crash I left my computer for 1 hour and returned to try and turn it back on. It began to boot, getting to the starting windows page, but then crashed again with the BSOD.

Trying several more times over the next hour or so, the computer turned on (the fans started and the LED came on), but there was no beep from the motherboard and the monitor did not pick up a signal.

I have tried a few things. I tested the RAM and the graphics card, both of which work perfectly. I fear that the problem may be due to a very, very, very old motherboard or CPU.

Thank you for your time,
Billy

Feel free to ask me any questions :D

Associate
OP
This is a pre build with a new graphics card that I put in it back in July.

Specs:
-PTS73 Stingray MotherBoard
-550Ti GPU
-Pentium 1.8GHz processor E2??

This is all off the top of my head, sorry I can't find the proper name for the processor :S

Associate
So is the RAM and GPU new, or is the entire system old (you say very very very old mobo and CPU)?

Have you done anything different to it that day/ days running up to the first BSOD?

Id personally say overheating as it was getting to Windows and failed and now wont boot at all.

Associate
OP
So is the RAM and GPU new, or is the entire system old (you say very very very old mobo and CPU)?

Have you done anything different to it that day/ days running up to the first BSOD?

Id personally say overheating as it was getting to Windows and failed and now wont boot at all.

Only the GPU and PSU is new.

Nothing different was done, however I installed SWTOR this morning.

Hmmmm... 20 minutes idling and it overheats???

Soldato
I never get a beep when mine boots up, can it be turned on/off?

My PC kept shorting out recently, a fan wire was touching a power cable. Fans and LED's would start, then stop lol, try again and same again lol. Solution? unlplug the fan lol

Associate
OP
I never get a beep when mine boots up, can it be turned on/off?

My PC kept shorting out recently, a fan wire was touching a power cable. Fans and LED's would start, then stop lol, try again and same again lol. Solution? unlplug the fan lol

Mine always beeps when it starts up, and I've checked for wire short circuiting too.

Back
Top Bottom