Re-applying for my Shotgun licence..

Soldato
Under the conviction section i have put my 2x sp30 driving offences...do i have to put spent cautions?? Under the notes it does not say anything about mentioning cautions at all..

Soldato
Biohazard said:
if it doesn't ask don't say.

Thats not the correct thing to do, You need to list everything they will have on their records about you. However minor or irrelevant they may be, they will show you are of good honest character. I heard of someone who got read his rights by the FEO when he failed to mention a 5 year old speeding conviction on his application :/

Jack

Soldato
OP
tntcoder said:
Thats not the correct thing to do, You need to list everything they will have on their records about you. However minor or irrelevant they may be, they will show you are of good honest character. I heard of someone who got read his rights by the FEO when he failed to mention a 5 year old speeding conviction on his application :/

Jack

A caution is not a conviction

A Caution is a caution, therefore i do not have to declare it..

My 2x speeding fines are convictions, therefore that is what i have declared.

I did not declare them on my old licence as i applied before i had the cautions. The caution is now spent..

Soldato
OP
Aod said:
why are you getting a scatter-gun license? (i mean, whats the reason that you want one)

Because i enjoy clay pigeon shooting and game shooting..

I used to shoot a few years ago, applied for my licence in 2000 but volentarally gave up my licence in 2003 due to several life commitments, i regret giving it up now and i want to take it back up again..

Aod

Aod

Soldato
just wondering, because "clay Pidgeon shooting" is no longer recognised as a valid reason to get a shotty License.

Soldato
OP
Aod said:
just wondering, because "clay Pidgeon shooting" is no longer recognised as a valid reason to get a shotty License.

Yes it is if you are a member of a clay shooting club, its a sport which is taken up by millions, therefore its a valid reason

Associate
As previously being a Firearms Licensing Clerk, I wouldn't worry about speeding convictions they have no relevance to you owning a shotgun but still declare them anyway. If it was drink driving you might have to wait longer for your renewal/grant as they have to make enquiries to make sure your not a habitual drunk.

You dont need a reason to own a shotgun, it is only firearms (rifles) that you need a valid reason i.e Target. But if you apply make sure you have a good countersignature such as an accountant or postmaster. They will not accept Managers, Managing Directors or Company Secretary anymore.

Another biggy is if you declare Depression, it can take forever to get a letter from your GP or Psychiatrist and then even after a suitable reply from your GP it has to go to Supervision for a write-up.

Back
Top Bottom