** MASSIVE NVIDIA PRICE DROP!!! **

Associate
Been waiting for this to grab another 780 lightning to sli with mine but in comparison to the pre order Gigabyte 780ti pricing and the 970 launch is a little more still than expected it to be to be honest. To wait a little longer or jump on it is the question lol

Associate
Noooooo!!! I ordered my KFA2 GTX 780 5 days ago and it's already been dropped by £68!!! I paid £307.99 :mad:. I was a bit peeved that the new NVidia cards got released the day after I received my GTX 780... And now this :(.

The release date was known for ages tho? You can still DSR it..

Associate
The release date was known for ages tho? You can still DSR it..

When the release date officially published?? I never saw it and only saw the odd rumour about it being released some time before xmas (a little while back). If i knew the new cards would be released so soon then i would have waited an extra day or two :(.

I was going to DSR it (had an RMA number), but then changed my mind yesterday after acquiring another GTX 780 from my brother similar to mine (for SLI). Anyway the card has been opened and used and i'll probably get charged if i return it under DSR. I think i read there's a 20% restocking fee, but i could be wrong.... 20% of £307.99 is too much to lose on sending back a card i bought new 5 days ago.

And to think i just recently changed from AMD to NVidia too :rolleyes:.

That KFA2 780 use reference PCB?

I think so. I have one and it's actually pretty decent :). Mine runs at 1006MHz out the box, so ignore the stock clock speeds in the listing. My old KFA2 GTX 660 Ti ran faster out the box than advertised too. The cooler is pretty quiet and does the job well... It's a fairly heavy card so i suspect it's a good quality cooler (it has a metal base screwed on around the edges of the card for extra support).

No complaints here about KFA2 products ;).

Last edited:
Associate
When the release date officially published?? I never saw it and only saw the odd rumour about it being released some time before xmas (a little while back). If i knew the new cards would be released so soon then i would have waited an extra day or two :(.

I was going to DSR it (had an RMA number), but then changed my mind yesterday after acquiring another GTX 780 from my brother similar to mine (for SLI). Anyway the card has been opened and used and i'll probably get charged if i return it under DSR. I think i read there's a 20% restocking fee, but i could be wrong.... 20% of £307.99 is too much to lose on sending back a card i bought new 5 days ago.

And to think i just recently changed from AMD to NVidia too :rolleyes:.

I think so. I have one and it's actually pretty decent :). Mine runs at 1006MHz out the box, so ignore the stock clock speeds in the listing. My old KFA2 GTX 660 Ti ran faster out the box than advertised too. The cooler is pretty quiet and does the job well... It's a fairly heavy card so i suspect it's a good quality cooler (it has a metal base screwed on around the edges of the card for extra support).

No complaints here about KFA2 products ;).

You'll be absolutely fine with 780 sli. I'd keep hold of them until at least full fat 20nm maxwell. You won't see any difference apart from in benchmarks at this point in time

Associate
I think I'll wait for the 20nm Maxwells. These current ones are nice.. And would make a good upgrade for my dad who has the 780 I had in his rig, though he'd also benefit from a new PC entirely - the i7 950 he has is showing it's age even though he only really plays Flight Sim and various railway games (Railworks etc)..

Associate
do you know GTX 780Ti's on deal are with reference PCB ? i want it for watercooling and for how long will be this deal ? Thanks

Last edited:
Soldato
are they trying to kill AMD stone dead

Well, come next week AMD do their next gen. They may be going about it the right way but previous 3/4 generations have made it clear nvidia think equivalent power cards from them deserve something of a premium.

If they have the better card at a price point I want, I'll happily buy them. "Them" being red or green. AMD have been a bit keener on price: performance so we'll see.

This is currently just clearing out old stock so you can't really compare.

Silly metaphor:

"Last weeks apples, were 20p, now only 10p each!!!!"
"OMG, that dude selling oranges is still changing 12p an orange!!!"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom