how to get a national insurance number without proof of address

Soldato
My friend is from france, they have moved to uk and is living in a rented room. How does he go about getting a national insurance number so he can get a part time job here in the uk. He doesn't have a uk bank account or any bills etc to prove his address?
Does anyone know how he can get another this, how to get a proof of address or open a uk bank account without this?
Thanks in advance guys :)

Soldato
You should check the government and immigration websites for this information. I belive it is easy to find.

Also not all members outside the UK use NI to work, there are lots of options. Again check the government websites for more info as it isn't simple to give out one explanation when there is so many.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

"I just require you bank account details... and sort code"

Soldato
OP
What were the family told at UK immigration? Would be my answer to their question.

don't know what you mean??? Hes a french national so requires no visa or work permit. What he is having problems with is getting proof of address to open up a bank account or something so have can get a national insurance number

Associate
He will need a proof of address. The simplest way to obtain one is to exchange his full French driving license for a full UK one (forms can be obtained at the Post office, all he has to do is to fill in his current address and pay the fee), alternatively if he hasn't got a French driving license he can apply for a provisional UK driving license and use that as a proof of address. Either way he does need a proof of address to get the NI number or to open a bank account etc.

Back
Top Bottom