Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

Caporegime
I use most of the default bindings, only things I change:

- switch to toggle on/of to aim down sights as opposed to hold the mouse button down
- crouch (again toggle instead of hold) to ctrl and prone to z
- originally had melee button set to my thumb button on g400 but since DICE introduced that stupid knifing animation, I very rarely knife people so now have it set to switch to my pistol (switching to pistol is quicker than reloading plus it is when you are most likely to encounter someone so you want to be able to switch quickly to your side arm and take 1 or 2 guys out)

Man of Honour
Cheers Rroff and dodg3rman.

I'm not sure I could ever change from using WASD now. I'm far too stuck in my ways.

Do you use the tilt wheel (if you have one) on your mouse for anything? I'm thinking that might be useful for grenade (left tilt) and knife (right tilt). The first button I'll change is whatever CTRL is used for. I've always found it out of my reach.

I don't reccomend changing from WASD (unless another combination works for you) I spent way too many years playing on arrow keys back in the day to be able to change easily.

Soldato
How many keys other than WASD do you use altogether? I want to try and use as few keys as possible.

I think I might have to install a game to test whether I suffer with this 'mouse lag' issue that seems to be happening in Windows 8.1. I wasn't going to do any gaming until 1st Nov but I don't want to have the issue spiling BF4 on launch day.

Well WASD, Space (jump), Ctrl (crtch), 1, 2 / mouse wheel (weapons), 4 (defib), Z (prone), F (knife) and G (nade). That's about it really, most of those are defaults. I use hold for mouse which is needed for BF's Euro hip fire and small crosshair glitch (5vs5 tryharding)

Soldato
I still use arrow keys, I don't like WASD and never have done.

It's such a stupid thing to not like as well as I can see how well it works.

Soldato
as i use one hand and 1 finger to play & sometimes i just use one hand....

I have 2 setups

Setup 1:
WASD = Normal Movement controlled by just my left thumb.
Weapon switch - Mouse wheel - controlled by finger 2 on mouse

Naga Mouse: control by 1 hand & thumb for buttons
M1 = Sprint
M2 = Crouch
M3 = Jump
M4 = Prone
M5 = Enter Veh
M6 = any other special button like action
M7 = Select somrhing like W1/Equipment
M8 = blank

setup 2
Naga mouse
M1,2,3,5, = WASD
rest move around

Keyboard WASD =Equipment

at lan everyone is fascinated about how i play, i used to play CSS in enemy down And reached the top 5 in Tournaments.
played League of legends & was in Gold league

not bad for a 1 hand gamer. :D

Permabanned
guys you may want to get in on this and sign the petition jackfrags is doing. a lot of us wanted this to happen (battlerecorder)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9_zeGPH35A&feature=c4-overview&list=UUw7FkXsC00lH2v2yB5LQoYA

this could help in so many ways and cutting down on cheats. a lot of people have signed it already over 10,000 in 24 hrs. hopefully dice do it.

not signing ****

Been asking for battlerecorder since pre-BF3 just because jackfags asks doesn't mean it will happen. DICE have taken their stance on battlerecorder.

Caporegime
Afternoon gamers!

GeForce 331.58 WHQL Drivers Released

Performance Boost – Increases performance by up to 13% for GeForce 400/500/600/700 series GPUs in several PC games vs. GeForce 327.23 WHQL-certified drivers. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration. Here is one example of measured gains:

GeForce GTX 770/780/TITAN:

• Up to 11% in Dirt: Showdown
  • Up to 9% in Metro: Last Light
  • Up to 8% in Sleeping Dogs
  • Up to 13% in Sniper Elite V2

SLI Technology:
  • Batman: Arkham Origins – updated profile
  • Battlefield 4 – updated profile
  • Shadow Warrior – added DX9 profile
  • War of the Vikings – added DX11 profile
  • Dragon Sword - updated DX9 profile
  • GRID 2 - updated DX11 profile
  • Euro Truck Simulator 2 - updated profile

Gaming Technology:
  • Civilization 5 – added HBAO+;

SHIELD:
  • Enables GeForce to SHIELD (Beta). Learn more here.

4K Displays:
  • Adds support for 4K Surround

Additional Details

• Installs new PhysX System Software 9.13.0725.
  • Installs HD Audio v1.3.26.4
  • Installs GeForce Experience v8.3.23.1
  • Includes support for applications built using CUDA 5.5 or earlier version of the CUDA Toolkit. More information at http://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-toolkit
  • Supports OpenGL 4.3 for GeForce 400-series and later GPUs.
  • Supports DisplayPort 1.2 for GeForce GTX 600 series GPUs.
  • Supports multiple languages and APIs for GPU computing: CUDA C, CUDA C++, CUDA Fortran, OpenCL, DirectCompute, and Microsoft C++ AMP.
  • Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, DirectX 11, and OpenGL, including 3-way SLI, Quad SLI, and SLI support on SLI-certified Intel and AMD motherboards.

Download Links X64
Download Links X32

Associate
Cheers Rroff and dodg3rman.

I'm not sure I could ever change from using WASD now. I'm far too stuck in my ways.

Do you use the tilt wheel (if you have one) on your mouse for anything? I'm thinking that might be useful for grenade (left tilt) and knife (right tilt). The first button I'll change is whatever CTRL is used for. I've always found it out of my reach.

I have a Logitech G600 and my bindings are:

Keyboard:
WASD = movement
Space = Jump
Ctrl = Crouch
Z= Prone

Mouse:
Left MB = Fire
Right MB = ADS
Middle MB Click = Grenade
Tilt MMB left = Knife
Side button 1 = Primary Weapon
SB2 = Pistol
SB3 = Equipment
SB4 = Select grenade
SB5 = Select Knife

Soldato
I bought the "Battlefield 4 + Battlefield 4 Premium Service DLC (Bundle)" for £55 from Simplycdkeys and was wondering will this include absolutely everything like the China Expansion Pack and the extras you get with the Digital Deluxe Pack?

Back
Top Bottom