National Express will fine you if you don't print your ticket...

Associate
I find this hilariously ridiculous - I got on the coach to go from Loughborough to London yesterday, to be told that the PDF of my printable ticket isn't technically valid and that in a few weeks inspectors that get on can fine you £20 for not having printed it.

I get that they have the mobile tickets that you can pay an extra 50p each time for..but given that we live in a smart phone age I can't believe they will potentially fine you!

It's not like they take the ticket off you, mark it, do ANYTHING at all, and even if you were to create a fake ticket, printed of not it makes no difference at all.

As well as this, the other week a girl had lost her ticket and got a reference number from the telephone support, and the driver wouldn't let her on until he saw it transferred from a note on her phone, to a piece of paper.

She used an old tissue... and it was validated -_-

Permabanned
National Express drivers are scummy.

National Express is a scummy company.

What do you expect?

I loathe having to use them.

Associate
OP
same, but prices compared to the train make it a no brainer, I have to go back to Loughborough at the weekend and it makes it slightly more viable to do so. The level of logic amazes me even for them.

Soldato
National Express drivers are scummy.

National Express is a scummy company.

What do you expect?

I loathe having to use them.

Sad to say, so are most of the customers. The amount of times i had a greesy fat smelly man or women sit next to me crushing me into the already small space is insane. Families with 6 kids and screaming babies. Tarffic jams and long travel times. Since i switch to the railways i've vowed never to travel on coaches ever again. Even the scummist trains are 10x better then National Express, but i feel like an elite traveling in my virgin pendolino :cool:

Permabanned
Sad to say, so are most of the customers. The amount of times i had a greesy fat smelly man or women sit next to me crushing me into the already small space is insane. Families with 6 kids and screaming babies. Tarffic jams and long travel times. Since i switch to the railways i've vowed never to travel on coaches ever again. Even the scummist trains are 10x better then National Express, but i feel like an elite traveling in my virgin pendolino :cool:

That is very very true. On long journeys (I've travelled from Brighton to Ireland before with them :eek:) I almost wish for a crash. :p

Associate
OP
I wish I could go back to the trains, the time doesn't bother me too much as I take it as time to catch up on shows that I haven't watched yet, but can vouch for most of the customers as well. Monday morning I was graced with the sound of a child screaming for an hour straight. That being said I took a first class train a couple weeks back, and even in there I was met by a cohort of 7 children all deciding that the most fun thing ever would be to see who could be the loudest.

I miss my car =[

Soldato
First time I used them was a 260 mile journey with an annoying cockney ***** talking on her phone about how much she got drunk the whole way. With her four spoilt brat kids.

It was 30 degrees out and the driver opened the sky vents and she kept closing them because the draft was messing up her hair! I actually threw up in the sink from travel sick.

They are okay from London to Portsmouth, last three trips have been pleasant and arrive right on time. Saved me £22 if I had gotten a train.

Caporegime
ticket” means any ticket, including e and m tickets, issued by us, or on our behalf, which evidences our agreement to carry or
arrange for the carriage of any person, including the services on which travel is permitted and the fare payable. In the case of an
e-ticket it is the copy which you print yourself after making a booking on www.nationalexpress.com and with a m-ticket it is the text
message which we send you.

If he didn't have a printer he could have used the m-ticket.

Back
Top Bottom