• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

5850 and Accelero S1 query?

Soldato
Definitely thinking of upgrading my trusty 8800GT to a 5850 soon, mainly due to the lower power draw of the 5850, compared to the 48xx series - meaning I can still keep my same case/PSU.

Does anyone know if you can fit an Arctic Cooling Accelero S1(rev2) onto the 5850? That'd be the absolute icing on the cake if you could! :p

Soldato
Accoring to Arctic official site you the Accelero S1 isn't compatible or at least it doesn't list the HD5850 as being compatible.

I've replaced video card coolers before and the only reason why I replace them is because the stock cooler is always to noisy for my liking but from the reviews I've seen the new Radeon's are a lot quieter then the previous generation so I won't be in a rush to replace the HSF. It also normally takes a couple of months for companies to ready new products, personally I'm looking forward to Akasa's new Ak VC03 replacement.

Soldato
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=620194&page=2

Looks like it needs a little mod to fit.

img0950qz.jpg

img0951o.jpg

img0952yi.jpg

Soldato
It looks like he's taken the cover off the back of the DVI sockets. Also it needs to have the end fins modded so it doesn't touch the pin which he decided not to do and took the cooler off.

img0954y.jpg

Soldato
OP
Yummy ^^

I'm not averse to a little graphics card tweaking here and there to make things fit, think that has me sold - absolutely love the Accelero's performance, particularly as my case gets airflow over the card just because of its' design.

Just need to wait for payday now! :D :D

Soldato
It looks like he's taken the cover off the back of the DVI sockets. Also it needs to have the end fins modded so it doesn't touch the pin which he decided not to do and took the cooler off.

A little trimming of those fins is all it needs, no effort really. Certainly wouldn't take the DVI cover off.

Back
Top Bottom