• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD 965 BE Max Overclock?

Associate
Hi there guys, i am the owner of a 965 Be and would like to know the max overclock that i would be able to get without damaging the CPU? Thanks. And what Cpu cooler would you recommend? :D

Associate
Should be able to push to 4.2 or 4.3 (with a decent mobo) with a Corsair H100/H80/H70 or A50 Akasa Venom Voodoo, Arctic Freezer 7 Pro, any Noctua NH series...the list goes on

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Depends on the CPU, but generally all of them will do at least 3.8 without any fuss what so ever.

3.9 is usually do able.

4.0+ will take more tweaking and comes down to how good your specific CPU is.

Soldato
Depends on the age of it. I have an original C2 stepping, 3.8ghz is the max it will go to.

A C3 should go to arou8nd 4.0ghz.

The odd one might have reached 4.3ghz, but I doubt very much that they were stable at that. I can get to 4.0ghz briefly!

Associate
3.8 my 955 sits at happily with no fuss whatsoever.

4.1 is the best I've got for benching since moving to a crosshair mobo - it was running warm though under a H50, and probably not necessary for the extra 0.3 daily.

Would imagine you could hit 4 with a 965...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom