Razer Naga MMO Molten VS Razer Naga 2012

Associate
I use a Molten now which replaced a CM Sentinel. Very comfy to use and the extra buttons are a welcome addition. I know that when I bought it the Molten special edition was cheaper than the standard mouse but I have no idea whether there is a reason for this. Not an answer to the question :D

The only difference I could see was that this one looks great next to my tower.

Hang on I have worked it out:

"the all-new Razer Naga comes with optimized button placement and three interchangeable side grips to suit your personal grip style"

They have moved the two buttons on the top left of the mouse to the center and added adjustable side bits. Mine still looks better :)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I use a Molten now which replaced a CM Sentinel. Very comfy to use and the extra buttons are a welcome addition. I know that when I bought it the Molten special edition was cheaper than the standard mouse but I have no idea whether there is a reason for this. Not an answer to the question :D

The only difference I could see was that this one looks great next to my tower.

Hang on I have worked it out:

"the all-new Razer Naga comes with optimized button placement and three interchangeable side grips to suit your personal grip style"

They have moved the two buttons on the top left of the mouse to the center and added adjustable side bits. Mine still looks better :)

Thank you for the info :)

Permabanned
Few questions about these

Is the button layout easy to map to your brain? Or will I be looking down for a long time learning it? Will some people never get it or is it pretty intuitive and I should pick it up through just using it?

Are they good for genres like fps for weapon switching? Do the ergonomics suit fps palm grip or not?

Thanks

Associate
Few questions about these

Is the button layout easy to map to your brain? Or will I be looking down for a long time learning it? Will some people never get it or is it pretty intuitive and I should pick it up through just using it?

Are they good for genres like fps for weapon switching? Do the ergonomics suit fps palm grip or not?

Thanks

My Naga came with what they call 'trainers'. There adhesive rubber pads that you stick ot the mouse buttons that help you learn where the buttons are and help you get used to pressing them. Basically training your thumb for muscle memory. Give it a week or so and you'll be used to it.

I love my Naga mouse.

Soldato
The new Razer software a complete POS for anyone else while there are razer users here? I went back to the old software after experiencing the following:

Program auto popups on startup for some reason
Default sensitivity is extremely high and should the software not be able to talk to the remote razer server it doesn't default to your previously used settings, it just sticks with un-usable default.
Program is hugely unstable and crashes frequently.

Such a huge step back for me at least.

Associate
The new Razer software a complete POS for anyone else while there are razer users here? I went back to the old software after experiencing the following:

Program auto popups on startup for some reason
Default sensitivity is extremely high and should the software not be able to talk to the remote razer server it doesn't default to your previously used settings, it just sticks with un-usable default.
Program is hugely unstable and crashes frequently.

Never had any issues with it apart from the pop up at start up but one click and it is minimized. I agree that there should be a start minimized option though! As petty as it sounds :p

Back
Top Bottom