Kingston SSDs

Associate
Hi everyone, I know Kingston ssds are rarely recommended on here but I've found a V200 256gb one for sub £100.

My first (and current) SSD is a Kingston 64gb SATA II and it does the job for me.

So does anyone have any strong reasons why I shouldn't go for the above mentioned 256GB version?

Cheers

Soldato
I own 5 SSD's, 3 Samsung 830's, 1 Crucial M4, 2 Kingstons.

One of the Kingston's died without any warning, issue with firmware when searching on-line common problem. I trust Samsung and Crucial, but won't buy another Kingston SSD.

Associate
I own 5 SSD's, 3 Samsung 830's, 1 Crucial M4, 2 Kingstons.

One of the Kingston's died without any warning, issue with firmware when searching on-line common problem. I trust Samsung and Crucial, but won't buy another Kingston SSD.

Can you tell me what Kingston SSD series it was?

Soldato
Kingston have always provided budget SSDs. Is there a real work different between a Kingston V+ and an Intel? Possibly with Photoshop etc

Get what you pay for, I guess.

Associate
OP
What about OCZ, are they any good? I've been told their SSD's are reliable, but the company is almost bankrupt and will probably cease trading soon.

I've heard they're poor too. They rarely get recommended in builds in the GH section of this site.
I only trust Kingston because I took a gamble with buying my V100 a long time ago and it has been absolutely fine for me every day since!

edit: to clarify I don't mean I wouldn't trust other brands :p. Just haven't ever tried any others!

Associate
If I buy a Kingston SSD for my OS and it breaks while running, what'll happen? Is there anyway I can store my OS safely in another location as well incase this happens?

Associate
Hi everyone, I know Kingston ssds are rarely recommended on here but I've found a V200 256gb one for sub £100.

My first (and current) SSD is a Kingston 64gb SATA II and it does the job for me.

So does anyone have any strong reasons why I shouldn't go for the above mentioned 256GB version?

Cheers

Kingston have UK based rma (I used it and got a replacement almost without question).
Excellent service if you are unfortunate enough to have to use it.

Back
Top Bottom