**B-Grade** what does it mean?

Associate
what does it mean when something on the OCUK site is listed as **B-Grade**

it is obviously cheaper, but why? :)

thanks in advance

OcUK Staff
It is an item which cannot be sold as new. Because the box is damaged, the seals are broken, there could be missing parts, or it could be refurbished, or a returned item. You tend to have 14 days warranty with Overclockers, and the rest of the warranty is down to the manufacturer, so when you have the product you will need to contact them and tell them your serial number to see if there is any left over warranty. There tends to be at least a year most of the time.

They are great deals though, I have purchased a few B-Grade items myself.

This is a very common question asked. I am surprised that it is not listed on the website of what it means.

Reactions: GCC
Associate
Mine had a snapped sata socket, dented northbridge heatsink.

Utter bargin though (50% of original price). Bgrade mobos dont seem quite as much of a steal as they used to, from checking prices recently.

Associate
OP
so its not that it has performed below par on any quality testing?

im talking about a monitor here... so hopefully it will be ok

OcUK Staff
Monitors tend to be damage boxes, I could not guarantee it - You have 7 days to return the item if you are not happy with the product anyway, so there is nothing to lose!

Soldato
The actual item is 100% fine and working it is just the box that is damaged or it is missing accessories. I bought a Samsung 2443BW monitor for £170inc from B Grade, that's a pretty big saving, it was just missing the cables but the monitor and stand are fine!

OcUK Staff
I purchased a barebone system in B-Grade, it was way under half the price, and the only thing wrong was box damage, missing cables and drivers! I just got the drivers online, got cables anyway, and the box didn't bother me because the product was brand new! :)

Associate
Wow sounds like B grades can be a steal.

Fun enough i was looking at B Grade monitor but wondered why is was there. Thought it's have a scratch or something but if it's just box cosmetic damage then i'm keeping an eye out :)

OcUK Staff
It is a steal mate, I always look at B-Grade stuff now, if there is something I am interested in. Because I know they are sure worth it! - I am surprised that not many people go for it, people must be worried thinking they are faulty items maybe?

Soldato
With most computer stuff it either works or it doesn't, in that case B-Grade is no issue. With monitors though I would be a little wary though as working isn't so black and white. It might have been returned because the original user couldn't live with the stuck pixel of the light bleed was particularly bad.

Many things I would buy B-Grade, I think a B-Grade monitor is a bit of a risk though.

OcUK Staff
More likely they are worried about their entire order going into temporary oblivion for 3+ days before being cancelled due to a stock error.

Most of the time it isn't stock error. It is just because there are normally only one B-Grade product of that certain item. The amount of customers OcUK have, and if more than one orders at the same time for that one product can cause problems. Does not happen often though.

Back
Top Bottom