Yodel Delivery Service - OMG!

Soldato
I sent a £200 monitor with them. Long story short and a lot of aggro later, they destroyed the monitor and the box could no longer be called a box, it was a mangled bit of cardboard by the time they were done with it.

Soldato
They managed to deliver a parcel next door after twice attempting delivery to my address, both times the driver had been instructed to leave the parcel round the back of the house if no one was in. In no way was it suggested to leave it with a neighbour, numpty!

Soldato
They managed to deliver a parcel next door after twice attempting delivery to my address, both times the driver had been instructed to leave the parcel round the back of the house if no one was in. In no way was it suggested to leave it with a neighbour, numpty!

You may say numpty, however where I work we have to get a signature so even if a parcel has instructions where to leave we can't, unless our hub puts a no Sig required number on it we officially can't follow instructions.

Soldato
Well my first experience of Yodel was cack. Ordered a gift from La Senza for the missus for Xmas a few weeks ago. I track the delivery through their website. All showing as delivered. I ring up for a Proof of Delivery and low and behold, not signed for.

So the very stroppy woman on the phone assures me it has been delivered and it was left in the front porch. Really Love, the front porch are you sure ??? So the verbal volleying goes on for a few minutes with her 100% sure it was left in our front porch. All well and good until I confirm we do not have a front porch...................................................Ooh :eek:

So now La Senza are having to send a new set out of something different as my original order is now out of stock.:mad:

Soldato
Been up since 7:30am waiting for my parcel to arrive from HDNL, the tracking page shows:

The parcel has been sorted at our hub Droitwich 12 Dec 2011 20:28

The parcel has been received into depot Cardiff Depot 13 Dec 2011 00:30

The parcel is in the Depot Cardiff Van 13 Dec 2011 08:17

The parcel is in the Depot Cardiff Depot 13 Dec 2011 09:43
Does this mean he tried to deliver? I'm sure I would have heard him knocking and also I got no card posted through the door. No problems with Royal Mail my watercooling stuff I ordered from OcUK just arrived.

I'll give them a ring at 3 if its still not here.

Caporegime
Yodel aren't the only jerk-offs when it comes to delivering parcels. Just got this from Citylink:

A signature is required for this consignment but no one was available when we called.
We will deliver your parcel(s) again on Friday 16th December between 07:30 and 17:30.

Funny because its a business address and there's been someone in all day...

Soldato
It's not coming.

Parcel with courier for delivery (MANCHESTER HOME DELIVERY) 15th Dec 2011 12:56
Out for delivery (MANCHESTER HOME DELIVERY) 15th Dec 2011 07:36
Passed to delivery courier (MANCHESTER SERVICE CENTRE) 15th Dec 2011 07:11

Surely it must be, isn't it 7pm or even later the last del?

Either way the guy must've had a million parcels if its taken him 8/9 hours and counting! :(

Soldato
I posted this yesterday in another thread, but...

Got a parcel delivered by Yodel yesterday.

Not had a problem with them before really, as I usually get it delivered to other half's work - but I selected the wrong address when I ordered from Amazon and chose home address by accident.

Was supposed to come Tuesday (my other half's day off) but didn't. I knew it would come yesterday while I was at work, I was already expecting the ballache of having the card through the door and having to try rearrange.

Imagine my surprise when I had a card, but the driver had put on it, "HAVE LEFT PARCEL IN GREEN BOX BY GARAGE DOOR".

What was the green box?

My FOOD WASTE bin.

He'd thrown my parcel in my food waste bin.

Thank goodness, although the cardboard was pretty sopping and full of bin juice, the book it contained was unharmed.

Guess I should be glad I got the parcel and only 1 day late. :rolleyes:

Associate
I was meant to have some new brake pads for my car delivered by them, but they tried to deliver when I was out. In their defence me being out isn't their fault and they did hold up their end of the bargain with next day delivery.

Where they went wrong was taking my brake pads back into Wales and back to their Cardiff depot which is no-where near to me despite them apparently having a depot in Gloucester. They also expected me to be willing to go all the way to Cardiff to collect my parcel as well. I've got no reason to go to Cardiff other than that, the last time I went there it was a horrible looking place anyway.

I emailed them and said if they could get the parcel to their Gloucester depot then I'd happily collect the parcel on my way back from work. Cardiff, though? You're really taking the pee there, it's 41 miles away.

Soldato
Yodel have now left items on my doorstep twice despite being advised to leave stuff round the back or with a neighbour.

I phoned Virgin Wines to cancel my account because of this and was put through to someone who seemed very senior.
He was very angry because of this and promised he would look into it. The only way to get people like Yodel to do their jobs properly is to speak to senior management of retailers and cancel future business.

Associate
Joke of a company

My wife ordered the wrong phone from virgin mobile and by the time we had realised, it had been dispatched, no problem virgin said we will dispatch the phone you want. Just reject the 1st one. ok all good

next day 1st delivery is the unwanted phone @9:30~ rejected signed rejected on a slip of paper delivery note

next day second parcel same time ish great :D

roll on end of month billed for 1st rejected phone
phone virgin they haven't received it back
phone yodel !!!wtf is going on!!! oh it was signed for by mrs **** on bla bla @5.30 (the day the second phone arrived
phone virgin again who contacted yodel, whgo said that they cannot talk to virgin because they are dealing with us as a customer dispute
we call yodel they cant speak to us about it as virgin have raised a dispute with them

two months later the phone is still on our account and yodel are saying it was delivered here. if i see that delivery driver again im gonna hurt him

Last edited:
Soldato
My depot seems to be ok. As with all of the couriers it's totally dependent on how competent your local depot is as to how good the service you receive.

same
ours is just across town but the others mostly have none within 50+ miles!

also, it arrived? on the day, within the time limits?
what exactly are you moaning about?

Soldato
I sent out over 1000 large consignments with them and had a very mixed service. Whilst the vast majority delivered over 1-4 working days, I still don't know what happened to the small quantity that went missing (25ish) and this dispatch was back in November.

Still not sure what to make of them.

Back
Top Bottom