Yodel Delivery Service - OMG!

Caporegime
I've ordered something from LegoShop and DHL have assigned the delivery to HDNL :( I placed the order on Monday and it allegedly shipped on Tuesday... I doubt I'll see it before next week.

Soldato
I ordered a Kindle from Amazon and these guys, never delivered it, no confirmation or anything it just disappeared without a trace. Amazon delivered another though, that did get delivered like the day after they confirmed they were going to be sending another one.

Soldato
Delivered mail to a guy today and saw an Amazon package laying on the ground outside his door, soaked (must have been there all night).

Knocked his door and let him know it was laying there and he opened it infront me and it had an expensive looking book in it totally ruined... i was just glad it was from Yodel and not RM as he was slightly annoyed. :)

Soldato
Was supposed to have a new printer delivered today by Yodel, I decided to check it had been loaded onto the van this morning when I discovered that it had been "delivered" yesterday. I hope whoever has it enjoys their free printer! :(

Soldato
All I can say is put your work addresses as delivery address.
Then they can't leave it anywhere and the "no one present" excuse can't be used. Once at work we had a "company closed" at a delivery in a hospital :p Had to send a extra car out for that :)

Being on the other side of delivery companies I do feel for the drivers too. They have some ridiculous deadlines and often get delayed because a customer opening the door has a go at them for something the guy who tried to deliver before did. Or have a huge discussion on why he can't just drive by another address when it's on another route. As he can't just leave or hang up the phone then he just has to stand there until some sort of "agreement" is made. And people are stubborn...

Last edited:

Pez

Pez

Soldato
Had a Kindle develop a fault. Called the rainforest who immediately sent a new one with Yodel - Who also collected the faulty one at the same time. Booked the job on Monday evening, collected Tuesday morning with no problems.

Can't complain :)

Associate
Still haven't had the delivery I ordered two weeks ago. I've emailed Yodel twice, but had no reply both times. Infact going by my tracking information I think what I ordered has probably been returned to the people I bought it off, if that's the case then I'm not bothered. I'll give Yodel a call soon to see what they've done with it.

I think I'll support a local business by going to a local motor-factors to get my brake pads instead, would've been a lot easier in the first place. Website I bought the pads off was fine, their customer service was fine, infact they even got Yodel to deliver again, but as I explained to them, I won't be at home at certain times, but they chose to ignore that. I'll steer well clear from anything that uses Yodel as a delivery service from now on, I've never had such a faff from any other delivery company before.

Soldato
All I can say is put your work addresses as delivery address.
Then they can't leave it anywhere and the "no one present" excuse can't be used. Once at work we had a "company closed" at a delivery in a hospital :p Had to send a extra car out for that :)

Ha ... I've had Yodel try and use the excuse that no one was in to take delivery when it was to our office, (we have the entire building and security man the reception 24/7 as access can be required at any time). Didn't go down well ... I don't bother with free next day deliver by them any more as they'd always deliver after I'd gone home anyway, and I'd get the package by RM 1st class quicker anyway ...

My delivery idiocy this week came courtesy of Royal Mail who were supposed to redeliver two packages on Tuesday but only delivered one ... fortunately they admitted that they just didn't send the other out and another delivery attempt has been scheduled (last time they tried to claim it was sent out and no one was in ... harder to do when you've had one successful delivery at the address that day ...)

Soldato
From listening to an interview with the CEO or someone high up, they said that Yodel have been completely inundated with consignments and have been unable to get everything delivered. Something like 50,000 parcels a day were going undelivered. They turned up at my work place at 6.30 to deliver something a few weeks ago!

Soldato
I bought a monitor from a competitor who is using Yodel as delivery service. I was expecting my item today. However this is the current status lol:

Passed to courier for delivery. (VAUXHALL SERVICE CENTRE) 2nd Feb 2012 16:13

Consignee Cannot Be Reached (VAUXHALL SERVICE CENTRE) 2nd Feb 2012 16:03

Out for delivery (VAUXHALL SERVICE CENTRE) 2nd Feb 2012 07:42

Arrived At Depot (VAUXHALL SERVICE CENTRE) 2nd Feb 2012 04:15

Departed Depot (WEDNESBURY HUB) 1st Feb 2012 21:09

Arrived At Depot (WEDNESBURY HUB) 1st Feb 2012 21:07

Parcel Picked Up (CAPEL HENDRE SERVICE CENTRE) 31st Jan 2012 00:01

Parcel data received awaiting coll. (CAPEL HENDRE SERVICE CENTRE) 31st Jan 2012 00:00

Hmm I wonder why that is :(

Soldato
Used Yodel this week, faultless service, once again :)

Item collected Tuesday 3pm, arrived 12.45 Yerterday.

48 hour turn around, not bad for £7.80 inc vat.

I still don't know why theres so muss fuss and hatred about these guys :confused:

Last edited:
Associate
RAGE!!!!

Parcel has been out for delivery all day and I've been waiting anxiously. Tracking states that no one was in and a card has been left. NOT TRUE!

Waited on the phone for 25 minutes. The guy said that the driver had trouble finding the house and he expected me to phone the delivery man and sort it out, not happy!

Phoned the delivery man. He said.. 'Oh yeah, I popped round and there was nobody in'

'Err, no you didn't, I've been waiting all day...'

'Ah ok well I'll be down in half an hour after I've had my tea...'

WTF. This company is a joke!

Last edited:
Soldato
Not yodel related but i haven't seemed to have much luck with couriers recently. I ordered a jacket which was supposed to be delivered in 48hrs, yet it took them 7 working days and was delivered while I was on holiday (wanted the jacket for the holiday) that was through Hermes.

Now I'm waiting for a bbq which was supposed to be delivered today from Parcelforce, tracking says its been collected from the shop, processed and waiting at their depot to be delivered since Thursday, but they sent someone out to pick up the bbq again today, despite them already having it. Now my order status has changed to "order failed" because there was nothing for them to collect from the shop.

I'm now giving good odds on its delivery.

Lost evens
Will arrive tomorrow 999/1
Will arrive before or on Friday 998/1
Will arrive at some point next week 3/1

Last edited:
Soldato
Are you tracking it via the site you purchased it from or Parcelforce?

It's not uncommon that shops/whatever say they have sent the item to the courier when they haven't. That way the couriers get the bad service and not the shops :)

Associate
Happens all the time. I was asked to scan a barcode as collected today by a local shop, it wasn't stuck to a box but the guy wanted it scanned so he could tell his customer he had sent it. I was told to pick it up tomorrow. I told him where to go :)

Back
Top Bottom