CS:GO Discussion

Soldato
Alright guys,

Complete Noob to CS:GO only got it last week and not really sure where to start with it. Would be very greatful if someone could talk me through getting involved in decent games/servers.

I've had a few shots at just joining a quick play server.

I really need to get used to the shooting system, as aiming down the barrel isn't an option as it is in CoD. If anyone has any useful tips that would be great.

Cheers
Meekal

Just play official games. Competitive matchmaking. You get drawn with people with your skill level. Don't quit though.

Associate
Learn the recoil/spray characteristics for the guns (concentrate on AK/M4/AWP/pistol). Get familiar with flash/smoke/HE spots/strats.

Learn the maps. At the moment there is a big tournament going on (IEM Katowice) you can watch live or off demos ingame to get a feel of some of the main maps.

Soldato
yep was embarrassing.

Got 2 box drops so far :) (got a nova and an mp7 :( )
You lucky guy! I have been on since the first game on Thursday. i left my laptop on watching all the games whilst i was at Uni (I watched them when i was home) and I got 0 drops.

And yes, my STEAM account is linked, and I am logged in. Are you watching from twitch or GoTV?
NiP just thrashed Dignitas in the first semi final.

Next semi final starts shortly - streamed on twitch - http://www.twitch.tv/esltv_cs

Yeah, second semi final should be great.

Soldato
Anyone been watching the tournament on Twitch? Poland v.s Sweden playing now, turned it on just out of curiosity as I never watch this stuff but this game is intense intense!

Missed the first part as I was playing CS myself (the game was on my 2nd monitor though).

Its very interesting. You caught an amazing game, as it went to overtime. You were lucky :p

Still 0 drops. Does it automatically disable drops if you are in CS?

Soldato
Well i've been idleing today both on Twitch and CS:GO and i've had 0 drops, same as yesterday when I went out.

I watch the game through CS:GO in spectate and i've linked my accounts from Steam and Twitch, still nothing. :(

Associate
Well i've been idleing today both on Twitch and CS:GO and i've had 0 drops, same as yesterday when I went out.

I watch the game through CS:GO in spectate and i've linked my accounts from Steam and Twitch, still nothing. :(
Same here :(
Who do people think is going to win NiP vs VP today?

Soldato
Same here :(
Who do people think is going to win NiP vs VP today?

I don't watch it for the drops, but its nice :D:D

Everyone is backing NiP, including me, but don't totally rule out VP. They are playing at home, and they played quite well against LGB. Still want them to get battered though, as Taz looked like a complete **** yesterday.

Soldato
"Neo the prize at home will be better"

WTF?! These are gaming nerds, they don't know what sex it haha :p

Crowd has been great. No booing for NiP, they even called their names, even though the people are all for VP.

Back
Top Bottom