CM Megaflow v Corsair 650D stock fans

Permabanned
Majnu, how did you get on with the pro version?

Noise is something which is very subjective. PC distance, ambient noise, other fans all play a factor.

My PC is about 1.5m away from me and I have Scythe GT AP 15's all running at 1250-1300 rpm through my fan controller.

At full 900 rpm the Spectre Pro I can describe as having only a wooshing or gush of air sound, there are no rattles, no whining and it runs very smooth. When I remove the front grill the harmonics of the fan changes; I can only describe the sound as someone using a hair dryer at a very far distance. At 900 rpm the Spectre's pull in a load of air. I don't have any scientific tools to measure it by I can feel it when I put my hand over the back of them.

Using my controller and reducing the speed to 700-750 rpm (which is what I keep them at), they are quiet. I can barely hear them and the together with the sound of the Scythe's I can just hear the gentlest of whoosing. When I remove the front grill the harmonics of the fan doesn't change, it is at an acceptable noise level. At these speeds it still intakes a fair bit of air.

Testing at both 900 and 700 rpm, according to Asus AI Suite, doesn't change the temps of my GPU. But maybe I should use Hardware monitor to get another opinion as that factors in SSD temps.

Obviously during the night when there is less ambient noise the fans will sound louder but then that is normal for everything.

HTH.

Edit - Depending on which you think look better I would go with the Mega Flows as others here rate them. It's cheaper, has LED's and will run at the reduced speed which I keep the Spectre Pros on. But if you have multiple GPU's then the Spectre Pro may be better option if you can tolerate a gushing of air or a whoosh sound.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Noise is something which is very subjective. PC distance, ambient noise, other fans all play a factor.

My PC is about 1.5m away from me and I have Scythe GT AP 15's all running at 1250-1300 rpm through my fan controller.

At full 900 rpm the Spectre Pro I can describe as having only a wooshing or gush of air sound, there are no rattles, no whining and it runs very smooth. When I remove the front grill the harmonics of the fan changes; I can only describe the sound as someone using a hair dryer at a very far distance. At 900 rpm the Spectre's pull in a load of air. I don't have any scientific tools to measure it by I can feel it when I put my hand over the back of them.

Using my controller and reducing the speed to 700-750 rpm (which is what I keep them at), they are quiet. I can barely hear them and the together with the sound of the Scythe's I can just hear the gentlest of whoosing. When I remove the front grill the harmonics of the fan doesn't change, it is at an acceptable noise level. At these speeds it still intakes a fair bit of air.

Testing at both 900 and 700 rpm, according to Asus AI Suite, doesn't change the temps of my GPU. But maybe I should use Hardware monitor to get another opinion as that factors in SSD temps.

Obviously during the night when there is less ambient noise the fans will sound louder but then that is normal for everything.

HTH.

Edit - Depending on which you think look better I would go with the Mega Flows as others here rate them. It's cheaper, has LED's and will run at the reduced speed which I keep the Spectre Pros on. But if you have multiple GPU's then the Spectre Pro may be better option if you can tolerate a gushing of air or a whoosh sound.

Thanks for that.
Were you able to fit the fan without having to remove the hard drive bays?

Back
Top Bottom