• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

How to overclock a 7850 past 1050MHz?

Associate
Tried several versions of asus tweak now,it allows voltage unlock but even though i check overclock enhancement box it wont go above 10.50,looks like its trixx for now until i get brave enough to flash my bios to the asus one!

Associate
Tried several versions of asus tweak now,it allows voltage unlock but even though i check overclock enhancement box it wont go above 10.50,looks like its trixx for now until i get brave enough to flash my bios to the asus one!

when the enhancement box doesn't work you need to click it and reset to default and click it again
the screen will flicker as the program do the changes

cycle the action 2 to 3 times should do the trick

Associate
ok,gone down a different route,afterburner cfg file alterations,carried out to the letter,i also adjusted the voltage setting in the file,i now am able to adjust clocks to 1177 but still no voltage control,heeeeeeellllllllllllllpppppppp

Associate
those results are pretty good,ive now given up on my problems with afteburner,o/c with trixx for some reason iam able to o/c everything,but none of the other o/c software is any good,oh well,dont like giving up but i aint wastin anymoretime on this,anyway,had a spare hour today,seems my card goes to 11.80 on the core and not tried much mem,but got 2 passes of heaven done(sorry no pics,sat with laptop watchin tv)core wont go higher no matter what volts i apply,fairly happy though considering the wife bought it for xmas@£125 !!

Associate
Think this is as high as I can go with my 7850

that's pretty good, but I'd lower the memory to about 1375mhz, this will let you get a bit of a higher OC on the gpu, while lowering heat and the chances of getting crashes in games (as far as I know no 7850 card has no memory cooling). High memory OCs are also unstable and besides making you crash in games they'll lower fps as well, experiment with that till you see what memory frequency is the best for your gpu.

Associate
those results are pretty good,ive now given up on my problems with afteburner,o/c with trixx for some reason iam able to o/c everything,but none of the other o/c software is any good,oh well,dont like giving up but i aint wastin anymoretime on this,anyway,had a spare hour today,seems my card goes to 11.80 on the core and not tried much mem,but got 2 passes of heaven done(sorry no pics,sat with laptop watchin tv)core wont go higher no matter what volts i apply,fairly happy though considering the wife bought it for xmas@£125 !!
try raising "power limit" (or whatever it's called) to +20% (max) maybe that will let you OC more

Associate
VTX3D AMD Radeon 7850 HD 1GB PCI-Express 3.0 HDMI X-Edition

Hi everyone i was wondering if it would be possible to get the same overclocking results with this HD 7850, i have bought one and it broke within 5 hours and now i am waiting for a replacement. its a VTX3D AMD Radeon 7850 HD 1GB PCI-Express 3.0 HDMI X-Edition, i have no idea if the " X- Edition" makes it better or just sounds cool. I have looked the internet but, i am finding it hard to get much info on it. i think i might of broke it trying to overclock it, im not sure but it ended up just spinning full speed with no picture on the screen. thanks

Soldato
OP
Hi everyone i was wondering if it would be possible to get the same overclocking results with this HD 7850, i have bought one and it broke within 5 hours and now i am waiting for a replacement. its a VTX3D AMD Radeon 7850 HD 1GB PCI-Express 3.0 HDMI X-Edition, i have no idea if the " X- Edition" makes it better or just sounds cool. I have looked the internet but, i am finding it hard to get much info on it. i think i might of broke it trying to overclock it, im not sure but it ended up just spinning full speed with no picture on the screen. thanks
As far as I am aware, all VTX (Powercolor) 7850 PCB's are reference design. The X-Edition is likely to be exactly the same apart from wearing a different fan and running a BIOS with higher than reference clock speeds.

Overclocking rarely breaks a card. Too high overclocks are much more likely to result in screem artifacts during gaming or system crashes, which recover after restart.

Perhaps you can tell me which overclocking programs you were running when your card failed. You symptoms sound very similar to my first card which simply "blacked-out" when running GPUZ and Asus GPU Tweak, and making setting changes at the same time.

Associate
thanks for the reply, well you are correct i was the GPUZ and Asus GPU Tweak i was using when this happened as i was trying to get the same results as you, so when i get my replacement should i try again or what should i do so it does not break again. i am a bit scared to overclock now. :)

Soldato
OP
thanks for the reply, well you are correct i was the GPUZ and Asus GPU Tweak i was using when this happened as i was trying to get the same results as you, so when i get my replacement should i try again or what should i do so it does not break again. i am a bit scared to overclock now. :)
I suggest using just one tool at a time when overclocking. I thought that a combination of CPUZ+GPU Tool+making OC changes may have baulked my card, but now that you have had a very similar issue it looks even more likely.

In the end that is why I moved away from GPU tweak and use Sapphire Trixx instead.

Associate
I suggest using just one tool at a time when overclocking. I thought that a combination of CPUZ+GPU Tool+making OC changes may have baulked my card, but now that you have had a very similar issue it looks even more likely.

In the end that is why I moved away from GPU tweak and use Sapphire Trixx instead.

thanks bud, i will give this software a try when my replacement card gets here.

Associate
I'm having problems overclocking the vram of my sapphire + accelero II (that covers most of vrams)... GPU clock is stable at 1.185 with max power.

Back
Top Bottom