Pics of my new car!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
The interest is high, but it obviously would be, but this will last 2-3 years im thinking, then ill peobably do a part ex for a newer car, but at the moment, im paying nothing out, im 19 and im driving a nice car!

No, you are 19, you've shacked yourself up with a really really bad loan with horrific interest, and you are driving a bottom of the range generic Clio.

Had you done some research first, or perhaps asked advice from others, you could have been driving an actually nice car - perhaps a better Clio if Clios are what you like - and paying perhaps THOUSANDS less for it.

i dont think about money.. I think about happiness

Companies offering ripoff finance for crap cars prey on people like you. You can't go through life with that attitude or you'll end in a mountain of debt to finance the purchase of a load of material junk.

if anything starts to play up after that then id get rid before any huge expense

No you wont - you are in massive negative equity, the car is worth considerably less than you owe on it, so you cant get rid of the car without being left with a huge loan and no car?

£170 x 60 months is £10,200 - £10k on a 4 year old base model Clio. By using your brain a BRAND NEW Clio costs less than that.

And the funny thing is despite this complete and utter failure I guarantee somebody from the OcUK OMG ITS HIS MONEY squad will be along to tell us we are all nasty and that he obviously knows what he's doing..

You'll still be paying £170 a month when its a crappy 8 year old 1.2 Clio thats falling to bits!

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
wait, you just spent NINE thousand pounds on a clio?

(150x60)

Not yet..

[TW]Fox;14265126 said:
No you wont - you are in massive negative equity, the car is worth considerably less than you owe on it, so you cant get rid of the car without being left with a huge loan and no car?

Good way to put a downer on things but ive thought about it, i know how much im paying, i know much much less i could have got it, but then how much harder would it have been to get it.

I wont be getting any more finance theres no reason to and the only reason i would is for a car or a house..

Meh its expensive and its not the best Clio around but its what i want and im happy, i thought about it before i signed the paper work, i thought about how long my apoprenticeship is, how long itll be before i decide to more out etc etc n thought "why not"..

I work loads and i feel like i get nothing from it, 2 jobs and an apprenticeship, a full day at col (9 til 7) and i just wanted to work towards something and here it is :D

Now enough about that as i just want to focus on my car :D

Soldato
of all the places to go and buy a car:(

you are now in a load of debt, without any real upgrade from your punto imo

serious now, why did you go there and now a proper dealership?

Adz

Adz

Soldato
To those in the know... what are the early repayment penalties on these type of finance deals?

If he's intending to save and pay it off sooner than the full term, assuming the penalty isn't too severe, it might not be quite as daft as it first appears ;).

Man of Honour
We cant really focus on your car because quite frankly, its rubbish. I mean look at it, its a bottom of the range Clio with no kit and crappy wheel trims. I'm not normally one to rain on people with crud cars because hey not everyone can afford a decent car but you've just spend nearly ten thousand quid on a 2005 Clio so frankly whats the point in putting sugar coating on it?

This is a candidate for the biggest EPIC FAIL of 2009. Infact you can tell its a huge amount of FAIL because nobody has come in here to flame me for being nasty yet and that normally happens within 10 minutes of me not being complimentry about somebodies finance deal. Heck even Gajin isnt telling me to pipe down.

Seriously, what on earth are you thinking!? What part of your brain told you this was a good idea?

Adz

Adz

Soldato
but do you not see you've just been robbed of SIX THOUSANDS POUNDS?

scary stuff.

He's not being robbed, he's paying for a service. Carcraft are enabling him to have the car he wants (and thinks will make him happy) right now instead of saving or improving his credit rating so he can get lower cost finance.

So long as James07 is sure he knows what he's doing then fair play :), I just hope he doesn't regret it in 12 months time when he's stuck with a car he doesn't want once the novelty and "nice car" congratulations have subsided.

Soldato
Mental - Total Mental - I mean my car might not be to everyones tastes (actually going to make a thread on it )but at least ive not spunked money away on a clio rather than waiting a few months and saving enough to buy the same car outright.

Soldato
This thread is ruining my life.

I don't even know the kid, yet I feel really gutted for him.

Its crazy how many late teens I talked to who just want to buy a car on finance without even considering the impact the payments will have on their lives.

I hope you really are happy James, but that is one hell of a burden at your age.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
He's not being robbed, he's paying for a service. Carcraft are enabling him to have the car he wants (and thinks will make him happy) right now instead of saving or improving his credit rating so he can get lower cost finance.

So long as James07 is sure he knows what he's doing then fair play :), I just hope he doesn't regret it in 12 months time when he's stuck with a car he doesn't want once the novelty and "nice car" congratulations have subsided.

how can you sit there and seriously say it's all fine?
obviously it's not theft but it might as well be.

as pointed out above, you can get a BRAND NEW clio for less.

Soldato
OP
To those in the know... what are the early repayment penalties on these type of finance deals?

If he's intending to save and pay it off sooner than the full term, assuming the penalty isn't too severe, it might not be quite as daft as it first appears ;).

Wont cost a penny extra

[TW]Fox;14265171 said:
We cant really focus on your car because quite frankly, its rubbish. I mean look at it, its a bottom of the range Clio with no kit and crappy wheel trims. I'm not normally one to rain on people with crud cars because hey not everyone can afford a decent car but you've just spend nearly ten thousand quid on a 2005 Clio so frankly whats the point in putting sugar coating on it?

This is a candidate for the biggest EPIC FAIL of 2009. Infact you can tell its a huge amount of FAIL because nobody has come in here to flame me for being nasty yet and that normally happens within 10 minutes of me not being complimentry about somebodies finance deal. Heck even Gajin isnt telling me to pipe down.

Seriously, what on earth are you thinking!? What part of your brain told you this was a good idea?

Cheers is all i can say to that, i know what im doing now back off :S If you saw that, and saw the punto, its a lot better, its got 28k on the clock, full service FULL, i have MOT for life, i get 4 free services and free parts and labour for for 2 years, its not EPIC FAIL of 2009, i struggle to get finance, and i needed a nice car, a newish car, i needed it fast because i need a car to get to work, i needed ont that provided cheep insurance and they offered 6 different types of finance but because my credit is crap i could only get this one, and even then i only got it because the women queried why blackhorse refused me.

I would not have got finance anywhere else, especially not a big dealer or little trader.

If anything fox, you fail, you fail full stop, you cant go round talking to people and slating there things like that, its not polite if anything, if you dont agree with what i did then yeah, thats your opinion, an opinion, now leave the thread if you dont want to agree with me and others when saying its a nice car, bar the finance the cost was good and the car IS nice, its not a BMW.. its a Renault..

Soldato
Hmmm sounds like an insane amount of money for that car! My dad just picked up an 07 plate mid spec laguna 2.0 with only 10k on the clock for £5k,could have probably got it for a bit less than that!

Soldato
Im sorry but thats terrible. You are going to be so unbelievably bored of this car in 3 years time, nevermind 5!

I don't mean to sound all high and mighty...but... people like you really should seek advice before buying cars.

If I want to buy something for my PC, I ask advice as its something I don't know much about. If I want to go out and spend a massive amount of money on a holiday, I seek advise and other peoples opinions. If I want a 50" plasma, I do some homework before spending over £1k+ on a television.

Why does all logic suddenly disappear when people with very little idea about cars are looking to spend such a big amount of money on one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom