h80i and ram

Associate
So installed h80i in corsair 300r case on a crosshair v formula and the connectors between the pipes and the part which sits on the cpu (don't know proper term) pushes against my ram making it tilt nearly touching the stick next tk it, will this be ok? Has anyone else had this? If so how was it resolved?

i was thinking i should i look at changing my ram from 4 sticks of vengeance 16gb to 2 sticks of dominator platinum 16gb (maybe 8 depending on price)

Associate
If tube connectors are pushing the RAM to the point its making the RAM sit tilted, then I would suggest that you flip the pump around where the tube are position on the left hand side of the CPU socket.

And yes, the logo is going to be upside down, since this is an AMD board.

Sounds like the those RAM heatsinks are thick, I have the same board and cooler, and did not run into that problem.

Associate
then the corsair logo would be upside down :(

but i dont think it'll fit anyway :/

Big deal mate! :rolleyes: I would rather have the cooler attached correctly upside down and working to its full potential than have it pushing other components in the case. I bet you don't even have a side window on your case?

You could always upgrade your memory to some of this wicked ram! http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MY-017-SA problem resolved! ;) :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom