2 bed flat gas and electric bill

Associate
I am with British gas for both my electric and gas and am on the energy smart tariff where i submit my metre readings every month. The bills have come out as:

Gas: 40
Electric 37

The electric seems high, as I turn off, pc, sky box amp etc, every night and the gas heating is only set to come on 1 hour in the morning before I go to work.

Whats everyone else average monthly bills for a two bedroom flat (there are two of us here)

Borich

Associate
My electric bill for 1 bed flat is around £1.35 - £1.50 a day depending on wheather i unplg stuff when i go to bed, the biggest contributer in my place used to be my fish tank until i sold it now is my A rated fridge freezer...

Associate
I live in a one bed studio flat in sheffield, it has a large roofspace so its hard to heat sometimes and i leave my pc on all the time when i am there which can be up to 5 days a week and my electricity is £51 a month.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I am with British gas for both my electric and gas and am on the energy smart tariff where i submit my metre readings every month. The bills have come out as:

Gas: 40
Electric 37

The electric seems high, as I turn off, pc, sky box amp etc, every night and the gas heating is only set to come on 1 hour in the morning before I go to work.

Whats everyone else average monthly bills for a two bedroom flat (there are two of us here)

Borich
Mine are about £10 less than that each. Heating is on about an hour in the morning and about 3-4 hours in the evening, longer at the weekend and I work from home with it on all day some days.

British Gas are one of the most expensive suppliers, despite them claiming they are the cheapest. Try Equipower if you can get it.

Associate
Cost is very dependant on the size of the property, the number & grade of appliances & what not. Your already submitting your reads regularly, which is always a must, otherwise they will get estimated - which is done off a yearly estimated figure which doesn't get updated very often (which isnt always an issue, but say you move into a house with very poorly graded appliances & you refit to grade A, put on double glazing, insulation etc that would effect the energy consumption of the house .. but the computer would keep estimating based on the 'measure/read' it has stored .. or at least it would until it was flagged as being needed to be reviewed).

If you switch supplier make sure you note down your final reads & meter numbers/codes & for gas (not to sure with electric) note down if its 4 or 5 dial. This is so that you can make sure BG bill you to the correct final read & the new supplier bill you from a correct opening read. If you have a meter exchange note down the new meter number/code & the opening read (most will start on 00000 for gas, but it isnt always the case), number of dials.. oh and note down the dates of installation etc, the info could be handy to have should anything go wrong ;) or you might never use it at all :)

Back
Top Bottom