hsbc roll number?

Associate
Trying ot find my roll number and I cant seem to find it. On my halifax card its printed righ ton the front although on my HSBC it does not appear to be there. I have also looked on my online details and the only thing I can see is my accountnumber and sort code....

Any ideas? Is it one of the other numbers on my card? :)

Soldato
i thought only building societies use roll numbers, and as HSBC is just a bank it doesn't have one to my knowledge.

I may be completely wrong though.

Soldato
It doesn't exist ;)
Even though some of the forms they send you ask for it, you don't have one. (Only for a few building societies)
I went through this with Sainsbury's Bank & tax free interest :rolleyes:

-Leezer-

Associate
OP
Well its just for a form for my student loan, I'm wanting to change it from my old Halifax account to my new HSBC account. My Halifax account had a rollnumber and when I look at my details to change them online it asks for the roll number.

I presume I should just leave it blank?

Permabanned
Building Societies (halifax, etc) have a global sort code and account number (the roll number distinguishes YOU from everyone else)

Proper Banks you obviously have your own account number and just a common branch sort code....

Associate
OP
Cool thanks guys have now updated my account details, when I update though it knocks the first 0 off my account number, I presume it is meant to do that?

Back
Top Bottom