Stalker clear ky wont start in Win7 (Insufficient Privileges)

Associate
Hello,

Just installed Stalker clear sky on new Windows 7 install, but when i click the icon, it says

Insufficient Privileges: you must be administrator when you run this application for the first time"

hmmm, so I run as "Administrator" but still no joy. Anyone come across this?

Followed some instructions HERE, but my pc won't log me in as admin, it just boots up to windows as normal.

Windows 7
QX9650
GTX8800 SLI

TIA

~Ant

Associate
Right click the game's shortcut, choose run as administrator? As I remember it only needs elevation for the first run to install the copy protection routines.

Soldato
go to the game folder, right click and select permissions, then click add and type 'everyone' then click check names and select 'everyone', select full permission and then select effects child files and click apply (this is from XP so you ill have to adapt it some what)

edit: duuno how W7 works but thats the approach I would take first of all

Soldato
Hmm. Installed as admin and am trying to run as admin but still getting "error 1275" & insufficient privileges.
Running 64 bit Win7 if that makes any difference.
Help appreciated chaps.

EDIT: Yeeehaaaa!
If, like me, you were still having bother with insufficient privileges just take a trip to http://www.tagesprotection.com/main.htm and download the drivers (32bit or 64bit) from here. Install them as admin, job's a good 'un!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom