CS:GO Discussion

Associate
It's not as good a source, yet anyway. Needs a lot of improving on core things like hitreg and recoil before retail.

Associate
its too fast, but maybe the players / and or cheaters speed it up i guess..

Rush rush rush!
anyway i do like it a lot its like rose tinted glases at cs 1.6, thats what it looks like to me :)
still too fast tho, ( but i think thats mostly the players, settling in)

Last edited:
Permabanned
Good:
It plays like counter strike, but with improved graphics
Gun-game is integrated in to the game, which has been my favourite mode for a while
I like the new crosshair... simple, I know... but it works well

Bad:
It still plays like counter strike - it feels like there's been no real evolution of the game play (I can't tell if this is a good or bad thing)
Sounds seem to be the same (but then it's beta)

Permabanned
For the average joe it's going to come across as an incredibly dated game that seems like it came from years ago.

It has all the foundations of a great competitive FPS though like the CSs before it.

Soldato
It's dated, lack of innovation in the series has crippled it. The world has moved on and cs hasn't.

Why didn't they make cs2 with more game modes and completely new maps? This would have given the Call of Duty and Battlefield series some new competition. Yet valve seem stuck in the past.

Where are the guys that did Left 4 Dead, Portal and Team Fortress 2? Why didn't they use there talent to create a unique equal to CS?

I cannot fathom why valve keeps rehashing the same bloody game. The vast majority of people that played 1.6 now I imagine have kids and mortgages. Are they likely to come flooding back? I doubt it...

They should have done cs 2 and appealed to a new audience.

Soldato
You can't improve on a game like CS and have it true to it's original.
The point in it was no frills, high accuracy quick paced and fair combat.

You start adding or removing even the small things and it'll be pointless, you can give it new paint again but, really, why?

Associate
Really not into it so far think i need to play it more but been playing cs since i was 16 (now 29) and its the first cs game where im really not sold on it at all i don't like the hit boxes in the slightest or the gfx i much prefer css.

Last edited:
Associate
Not sure weather I like it or not.

The game feels good and fluid but there are just some problems compared to Source.

The guns look nice but the feedback from them feel horrible, the game feels so fluid that there is no real sense of 'recoil' from shooting the gun compared to Source and I find that there is no feedback from shooting someone.

The run animations need some work as they seem to wobble when running and so far I have came across one bug where buying guns the mouse cursor won't appear so you have to use the numbers to buy.

Soldato
I've spent a few hours playing it, and although some of the stuff seems interesting (although I bet after a few weeks after release, no one will play the extra game modes) I just don't get the point of CS:GO. It doesn't do much new that the old CS games didn't do themselves, if they are going to just copy and paste CSS then the least they could do is take 1 aspect of the game and modernize it.

At least with each of the new CoD games they release each year they have a new singleplayer story, they add new weapons and customization, new types of combat/maps etc, even though they just copy the same engine. I've never been much of a big CS player, but I just don't 'get' what CS:GO is meant to be bringing to the table.

Associate
It looks ok but nothing special, put a few hours in but was happy to put it down and fire up BF3 which tells a story in it's own right. Still in Beta though so I will give it more of a chance at some point.

Back
Top Bottom