tourettes - i swear i can't help it

Soldato
on now bbc 1
hurray for the bbc putting on something very interesting, if the others on this fella are anything to go by

Soldato
Dude saw me parking in the disabled spot the other day. He had a moan at me and asked me just what was wrong with me. "**** OFF, I'VE GOT TOURETTE'S!"

Soldato
You have to admit that to an onlooker it's an absolutely hilarious disease, strange though (and pretty sad for people who have it).

Soldato
It seems like they cant control their thoughts, if they have an idea to do something, they do it even though they don't want to, it must be awful.

Associate
anyone think that 1 or 2 of them are playing up for the camera

Not at all, funnily enough someone with tourettes was in front of me in the bank last week; had his DS (switched off) in his hand and couldn't stop shouting about space invaders (the classic arcade game I hope) just had this wistful smile on my face thinking of the arcades of my youth anyway

Soldato
Not at all.

Tourettes or not, someone saying those things out loud is funny to most people, it's what has been said in the location, not the problem we laugh at. I would hope they'd realise it too, see the funny side themselves and be glad some of us know they have that problem instead of stare at them like they are idiots. I'm sure they've had to deal with a lot worse than people harmfully giggling.

Soldato
I'm watching this now, yeah it's difficult not to laugh at some things they say, the young lad (15 year old) has made me smile a couple of times, I think it was really poignant when he said the best day he ever had was when he only ticked once in a whole day, kind of puts things into perspective for us 'normal' people.

Soldato
ive never felt really sorry for anyone before that must have been pure hell for that kid when they was showing him in his younger years!

and i don't think they was playing for the camera at all cause of the people around them there expressions and faces didn't actually seem like it was any different to them!

that "ready steady cook" thing had me in tears i would a laughed so hard if i was in his school class lol!

Back
Top Bottom