AS SSD Benchmark benchmarks!

Associate
Just added the other vertex and set them up in raid 0 but now my pc wont boot! Windows is on my old hard drive so cant imagine why raiding those 2 drives would me effected it, but its saying boot manager isnt found :( it is set to boot from the old drive too lol. No worrys, windows 7 in a few days so just install that if i cant get it working!

Associate
Well reinstalled windows haha. Got the vertex's in RAID 0 and these are the results

230gbVertex.png

Only just set it up so not done any optimizing or anything. Much faster than when it was a single 30GB Vertex but not that much faster than some of the drives shown here. But the smaller drives tend to be slower anyway, 30GB drive slower than 128GB etc.

Associate
Crappy score on my Intel 160 G2, which now has only 16gb left.

asssdbenchintelssdsa2m1.png

why do you only get 23.88MB/sec read on 4k-64 ???

I get this also on my x25-m 80GB (my 4k-64 read is 22.74mb/sec)... everyone else is getting over 100MB/sec... does anyone know why our 4k-64 scores are so low?

personally im using a p7p55d mobo, i7 860 2.8Ghz and 8GB G. skill DDR3 1600mhz ram.

Soldato
This is my G.Skill Falcon 128g which i have just put windows 7 onto.

My 4K-64 THRD score seems low compared to mr_x_plosion G.Skill 128 post :confused:.

Associate
This is my G.Skill Falcon 128g which i have just put windows 7 onto.

My 4K-64 THRD score seems low compared to mr_x_plosion G.Skill 128 post :confused:.

at first i thought it might be an issue with AS SSD as everyone using version .40358 gets low 4k-64 scores... EXCEPT kablooey... which blows that theory out the window.

Associate
Here's my results for a week old Intel 160GB G2 with the latest firmware. 82.5GB remaining.

Using a P5Q Deluxe (ICH10R) with AHCI and I've uninstalled the Intel drivers and gone back to the standard win7 ones.

asssdbenchintelssdsa2m1.png
ascopybenchintelssdsa2m.png

Associate
OP
Is what restricted, ssd, app or forum? SSD maybe, more details please. App isn't and neither is the forum as far as I know. Instructions to take a screenshot are if the first post.

Associate
Great thread regarding SSD performance. Would be even better if it stated make and size of your SSD. Also your OS and if your running it in RAID at the top of your post :)

Caporegime
Great thread regarding SSD performance. Would be even better if it stated make and size of your SSD. Also your OS and if your running it in RAID at the top of your post :)

make and size and whether running in RAID or IDE or ACHI is listed in the benchmark result.

Only info missing is the OP system.

Associate
Fresh install of Windows 7 onto a new Crucial 128 GB SSD (IDE) on which I upgraded the firmware to 1819 prior to installing W7. Note the slow write speed in common with other users suffering issues with the 1819 firmware:

freshinstall.jpg

Now after a couple of weeks use, the write speed is now back to where it should be:

after2weeks.jpg

Associate
This seems faster in some respects

I can benchmark over 1,000 MB/sec using this block level cache:

http://www.superspeed.com/servers/supercache.php

By enabling the lazy write feature you get hard disk write access at RAM speeds

The advantage of SSD is that you get fast read speeds straightaway, whereas supercache has to read it once before it is quick

also supercache runs at normal hard drive speeds on a cache-miss

Also to get the true benefit of supercache reorganising your hard disk into more volumes is a good idea

It also has less obvious benefits - lazy writing smooths out the hard drive access profile into longer sequential writes meaning less wear and tear and head movements etc.

But on the plus side - supercache is very cheap and the performance gains can be ridiculous

For instance compiling a large visual studio project with a nice warm cache drops the time from 60 seconds to 2 seconds

And SQL Server performance goes through the roof!

I think SuperCache + SSD Stripe is possibly the ultimate price/performance setup

Back
Top Bottom