CM 690 First time water cool

Associate
Hi all as promised a build log for my air and watercooled pc, to a cpu gpu watercooled loop. The case i am using is the CM690 II Advanced case.
Hope this helps other people out with there CM cases.
As this is my first time to use watercooling please bare with me and any questions and advice would be appreciated.
Here is what i am cooling with my loop.
AMD 1090T Hex core cpu
Dual 6950's (Bios flashed to 6970) in Xfire
ALIM1024.jpg

Case before anything removed, apart from some cable ties to mesure and check spaces for rads and res.

Associate
OP
Some parts i have recived before i started this thread. What i have so far.
EK Supreme HF CPU block
Alphacool VPP655 pump only
XSPC Dual 5.25" bay res for the D5 pump
XSPC Rads, 1 RS240 for the top. 1 RX240 for the bottom
Masterkleer uv blue tubing
Mayhems X1 premix fluid.
ALIM1025.jpg

ALIM1027.jpg

Also i have recived a nice clear side panel for the case, to show it all of when finished :)
ALIM1026.jpg

Associate
OP
First thing first. time to start removing parts and get ready for install.
The first thing i took apart was the bottom drive bays. In the CM 690 i had to remove all the HDD's and the trays first, then lay the case on its back, remove dust filter. Underneath there is four screws to remove, once removed stand case back up and there are three more screws in the back, then the two sides just pull forward slightly and pull out.
ALIM1028.jpg

The next thing i have removed is the dvd drives and card reader to make way for the res and a fan controller. I will have to leave one of the dvd drives out and also the card reader. i have an external card reader anyway.
ALIM1029.jpg

Associate
OP
Hi all, the next task i thought i would do is to remove the GPU's and get them stripped cleaned and ready for the waterblocks, which i have on order ( HK FC6970 Full cover; copper plexi ) to match my CPU block.
ALIM1036.jpg

ALIM1046.jpg

GPU's ready

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Now i am ready to remove the CPU cooler and get the cpu cleaned and rady for the new block.
ALIM1040.jpg

Cooler removed, thanks to the hole in the motherboard tray replacing the back plate on the mobo was a breeze. Which made the fitting of the new block an easy task to do.
ALIM1042.jpg

ALIM1041.jpg

GPU block in place and looking good. Even a facility on that block to put LED's but with my tracers beside it i thought i would not need.

Associate
OP
Now for the placement of the rads and res. The top rad went in easy. for there i used the XSPC RS240 with 2 120mm Bitfenixfans under the top cowl.
ALIM1031.jpg

ALIM1032.jpg

The bottom rad though was a bit more of a problem and the XSPC RX240 that i used was a very snug fit, with the same 120mm Bitfenix fans underneath. The fitting end of the rad had to go to the front of the case, where the 140mm fan had to be replaced with a 120mm fan and a home made harness for it to lift clear of the fittings.
ALIM1033.jpg

ALIM1048.jpg

ALIM1049.jpg

Now it is fitted it looks good.

Associate
OP
Everything on hold now for a couple of days. Waiting for the rest of the parts to arrive and back to work, waiting on the GPU blocks and fittings. as soon as they arrive i will update.

Back
Top Bottom