AMD folder ?.

Associate
On my C: drive which is my SSD drive i found AMD folders and in programe files x86 there is even a folder called AMD and in this folder another called OverDrive but nothing in side. I searched the SSD drive AMD and a lot of folders and files with AMD should this be with the PC i have.

Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H
Sandisk Extreme 120GB
MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670

I dont think i have anything with AMD inside my computer has the computer shop installed wrong drivers?.

Soldato
Im guessing you got this system built to order? Did it come with an AMD processor? or are you on Intel...

If you are on AMD, the folders should be nothing to worry about. OverDrive is just a overclocking utility tool and since the folder is empty it can easily be removed or re-installed should you have an AMD processor.

If you are running an Intel processor then seems like to me, the SSD was previously used/tested on an AMD machine :S

Last edited:
Soldato
are the folders affecting your SSD's performance at all? If your system is working and you are not too concerned then by all means leave them as they are. However,

Since you are using an Intel processor, there should be no reason for you to have any AMD folders on your disk. Back them up and delete them. If all is okay afterwards, delete the backup. If anything changes or goes wrong, simply put the folders back where you found them and consult your computer store.

Don
Even if you have an AMD/ATI card, it's safe to delete the C:\AMD folder

Same goes for C:\Intel, C:\Nvidia

They're only used for the initial install of the drivers, I always delete them.

Where did you get the machine from? Maybe they have a basic image that contains the nvidia and amd folders in the C:\, ready for first setup?

Associate
OP
Everything is running well and no problems in performance. The only problem im having is that the HDMI to HDMI to tc does not show picture but DVI to HDMI does. This is why i started looking in the SSD folders to see if i could find anything and noticed the AMD foldr.

Also when searched the SSD drive for AMD it comes up with folder in C:\Windows\winsxs most of them called. amd64_microsoft-windows-t.es-transprtdrivers_31bf3856ad34e35_6.1.7601.17779_n...

and loads more like this starting with amd64

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom