Cheap but good quality monitor

Associate
Ok, I'm looking for a monitor, as you can tell. I'm not a gamer but I love my movies and do a little bit of photoshop work. My mum owns the Samsung S22A300H and I really liked that when I saw it(I've been used to 5 or 6 year old monitors) but I want to know is there anything else I can get for a reasonable price that would be better?

From what I gather if I can get an IPS monitor I should but the only one I can find within my budget is LG IPS225V.

I'm looking to spend £130 max ideally but it seems unlikely I'll be able to find what I'm looking for on OCUK so if you could suggest models I'd appreciate it, thanks.

Caporegime
i think thats the best price for an ips monitor,they do use slightly more power than same size tn monitor,ive seen them on in the shops and they do have a good quality picture,other monitors id look at are the benq ones,cheap and good quality

Associate
That LG is your best bet, but get the 23" version, you should be able to find it for 130-140GBP. (Incidentally I am considering selling mine on the OCUK market place as I have a Hazro now) Price/quality-wise you can't beat these monitors.

Associate
These are probably the monitors you'll want to compare to see which is the best.
AOC i2252Vwh
Asus VS229H
LG IPS235V-BN
AOC I2353FH
Asus VS239H

I thought I had seen a user review of the AOC I2353FH on these forums, can't find the monitor on OC UK at the moment though.

Associate
OP
Thanks, everyone, for the input. I will look into those monitors but if the LG is good for the job there's a good chance I'll end up getting it.

Back
Top Bottom