Samsung S27A950D 3D Vision "hack"

Caporegime
I assume you're going to Device Manager > USB Stereo Driver Glasses (Or something like that, it'll have a yellow exclamation mark) > right click and Update Driver Software > Browser my computer for driver software > Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer > Have disk > Browse to Desktop > Okay

All while you have the emulator running (enable stereo.bat)

Associate
Hi, Im sorry to hijack this thread but I am also having the same issue that Rossdh is having, where after I get to the part where I have to go into the nvidia drivers and pick the nvidia USB driver, it says "the folder you specified doesn't contain a compatible software driver for your device. If the folder contains a driver, make sure it is designed to work with windows for x64-based systems. I have downloaded the 285.62 nvidia drivers from their website, Also I had tried uninstalling the driver on the device manager, It comes up as a yellow exclamation mark and its named USB input device. I had also tried editing the init_x64 file by using notepad and removing the /i/s, so it reads like this:

"%PROGRAMFILES%\dsf\softehci\softehcicfg.exe" /install
regsvr32"3d_x64.dll"

Even after all that I still cant get it to work... Thanks in advance for your help.

Caporegime
Hi, Im sorry to hijack this thread but I am also having the same issue that Rossdh is having, where after I get to the part where I have to go into the nvidia drivers and pick the nvidia USB driver, it says "the folder you specified doesn't contain a compatible software driver for your device. If the folder contains a driver, make sure it is designed to work with windows for x64-based systems. I have downloaded the 285.62 nvidia drivers from their website, Also I had tried uninstalling the driver on the device manager, It comes up as a yellow exclamation mark and its named USB input device. I had also tried editing the init_x64 file by using notepad and removing the /i/s, so it reads like this:

"%PROGRAMFILES%\dsf\softehci\softehcicfg.exe" /install
regsvr32"3d_x64.dll"

Even after all that I still cant get it to work... Thanks in advance for your help.

Honestly couldn't tell you.
I tried it again yesterday, followed what I'd written and it worked :confused:

Associate
Heyo, bit of an old thread, however I've been messing with this all day pretty much because I'm not happy with iZ3D or DDD, and wanted to see if Nvidia 3D was any better.

I'm on a GTX680 2GB, and have done everything you said, I'm using 304.94 beta drivers but with the 285.38 USB 3D as the other one wouldn't install, and everything went as planned. However, it wouldn't get past the dumb setup wizard thing for 3D Vision, so I went into the registry and told it that the setup was complete or whatever.
Partial success! Games will launch in Nvidia 3D, but just anaglyph. Is it stuck at this or is there another registry edit I can do to force frame sequential mode?

Thanks in advance!

Edit:
I may just be dumb and I could have just set the wizard as complete to get what I've "achieved"...

Last edited:
Associate
Is there a difference between Samsung 3D and Nvidia 3D ?

Samsung uses an open source for 3d. I think it's called 3DHD or something. Other monitors use similar tech. Then those monitors are compatible with the 3d profiles created by Tri-Def. Nvidia use their own closed tech. The Nvidia 3d certified monitors are not actually 3d in a sense, but they can display 3d using the technology. I say it's not 3d because without the Nvidia tech the monitors can't display their own 3d tech but the Samsung monitors can.

Permabanned
I've done everything but when I run the Wizzard it doesn't detect the 3d emmiter emulator and I can't click next to proceed. I've used various EDID's too :confused:

Back
Top Bottom