• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

6850 or 7770?

Associate
Hello forum,

So my older brother is looking to upgrade his old 9800GT which surprisingly plays the latest releases really well for its age, But he's looking for an upgrade,

My question is, what can he get for around £130 or less, Can't afford to go higher really, He's using a Q6600 clocked to 3.2 with 4GB DDR3 ram, his board is M-ATX so will only take one GPU, So a single card solution is this only option,

What do you think would be the best for that price, I thought the ATI 6850 sapphire 2GB card (he's a BIG GTA fan) so lots of memory is probably a good thing,

Just saw the 7770 appear on the website and was wondering what is the difference par PCI-E 3.0 which he cannot utilise but may be worthwhile towards the future possibly?

Any help would be smashing!

Associate
OP
1920x1080 on his main monitor, His second monitor is 720p but is his TV, but he will only play on the one I suspect,

OCUK had the sapphire 2GB at £139.99, They're just getting some more stock so its cool =)

Back
Top Bottom