• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

7950 Crossfire vs 680 SLI at 5760*1080 (Eyefinity/Surround)

Soldato
Make sure you post the results in the OCUK benchmark thread =)
Looking forward to the results anyhow, have you found your max clocks? Or are you just going for a decent 1100-1150ish on the core?

Soldato
I'm interested in this as I'm tempted to go to the Red Team instead of getting another 670 (or 2).

Will you also be recording the temperatures of the cards as that would play a factor in my decision.

Also, does anyone know how the Twin Frozr cards perform in a Silverstone TJ11/FT02/TV02 type case with the rotated motherboard? I know Silverstone recommend the 'reference' blower type cards for these cases.

Soldato
OP
Just installed now. My case mods make it horrible to remove graphics cards!

Downloading AMD drivers *shudders*

Only kidding :D

Cool, any chance you can let me know if the second card spins down in desktop the way it should?

Yes - second card down to 0/0 MHz on core/memory.

tommyw.png

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Cards look sleek in my case :D. Much nicer aesthetically than previously. Stock clocks on 3D Mark 11 produced a score of like 14K graphics score without the CAPS installed.

Are there any 12.11 CAPs going anywhere or is the 12.10 only?

Associate
oh risky move to go amd crossfire with triples -- it's well known (only to those who get it and then do the search, but not to those looking to buy sadly) that you can get seriously bad micro stutter on triples and crossfire, i hope you don't suffer from it, but i did, and it's dotted around the web if you look. doesn't happen on a single screen setup, it's like a bug that amd doesn't seem to give a crap about, like so many things in their drivers. Good luck!

Soldato
OP
Really struggling to work out what is stable and what isn't - it's going to be some time before I complete some benches and I definitely need to re-install Windows. My 3DM11 score is about 1000 points down on someone with the same clocks!

Soldato
Really struggling to work out what is stable and what isn't - it's going to be some time before I complete some benches and I definitely need to re-install Windows. My 3DM11 score is about 1000 points down on someone with the same clocks!

Are you using Afterburner to overclock? If so, remember to add +20li board power and don't be afraid to up the vcore.

Back
Top Bottom