**B-Grade** what does it mean?

Associate
have been interested in b grade stuff and everything on the b-grade i have always thought wow.. could get a bargain, but have always wondered about monitors cause i always took it that a monitor would be sent back to OCUK because of dead pixels, or say a fault with a backlight maybe, so will be nice to hear from you Ace101 to what was actually "wrong" with the monitor and why it was b-grade. there was a 28" for only £220 the other day and i really wanted to buy it but was too scared of dead pixels haha:p

Permabanned
I've just brought a B-Grade barebones system for over half price. It will be interesting to see what it is like when it arrives tomorrow, still it's a system I'm building for my mother so I'll doubt she'll mind if it's got a little dent or scratch.

Associate
OP
called them this morning and they said all B-grade stuff is fully tested and is fine,

they also said that if there is a technical problem with it then you can return it and they will refund your postage no questions asked.

screen should arrive tomorrow :)

Associate
OP
for those interested, i recieved my screen yesterday and it came like new with all the leads and cables. After plugging it in i can't seem to see any problem with it at all, all i noticed was some slight damage to the outside of the box.

saved myself a good £30, lets hope it stays working :D

Soldato
With b-grade stuff the discount reflects the conditions.
As others have said all b-grades are tested and are working.

if a mobo is 90% retail is most likely box damage
if its 40-50% retail is most likely just the board - no IO shield, no leads and maybe not even a battery :D
if a LCD was 50% retail I would guess it's got no stand or cables, but screen may still be perfect electrically.

Associate
OP
Glad to hear it , now lets see some photos.

here you go :)

The outside of my antec 300 case, and my new Dell ultra sharp 2209WA (which was b-grade). The speakers are KEF iQ10 bookshelves which i run with my alumni short sub that sits about 4 feet behind me. Igonore the rubbish keyboard! im waiting for my flat apple aluminium one to arrive in the post. and dont diss my mousemat!

015.jpg

014.jpg

013.jpg

New+PC.jpg

i may take the processor back out and reapply the thermal paste seeing as this is the first time i have done it. might be able to get it a little cooler.

and yes, my desk is tiny... im a student :(

Associate
I got that exact same deal a couple of weeks ago! 22" Dell Ultrasharp with £50 knocked off!

Great screen isnt it! You any idea why yours was B-Grade? Couldnt see any problem with mine at all, all cables included and no visible damage to the box or anything. Bargain!

Associate
OP
Can you not put your two usb devices in the back? Would look neater! Sorry just being petty now.

lol yes i could but i was just being lazy for now as im moving stuff between computers. hence the external HDD is sat on the floor.

I got that exact same deal a couple of weeks ago! 22" Dell Ultrasharp with £50 knocked off!

Great screen isnt it! You any idea why yours was B-Grade? Couldnt see any problem with mine at all, all cables included and no visible damage to the box or anything. Bargain!

Mine had some small damage to the corner of the box. Apart from that I can't see any problems. Had the cables and eveything. Atm im running off the built in Mobo graphics untill my card arrives. Only point is that if i look really close i can see a slight pink hue around the edge of certain letters. IDK if this will change with a graphics card and drivers, we shall see. It doesn't particularly bother me as you have to practically have your face on the screen to see it.

Associate
OP
Only point is that if i look really close i can see a slight pink hue around the edge of certain letters. IDK if this will change with a graphics card and drivers, we shall see. It doesn't particularly bother me as you have to practically have your face on the screen to see it.

Fixed it, it was my screen settings. Set dynamic contrast on and preset mode to 'Game'. now i know why it is called 'ultra sharp' in the product name :D

FYI the edit/quote/multi+ buttons are blurry :p its amazing what i can see now

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom