PMC TLE1

Soldato
Anyone used one?

I've been offered one at a silly, silly low price for what it is. Reviews are thin on the ground apart from articles written by Bryston/PMC people so obviously I'm taking them with a pinch of salt. The only real review I can find is in Polish!

Cheers :)

Soldato
I gather this is essentially a sub that uses smaller drivers but a transmission line to get lower frequencies?

How low is the price and why not just get a good sub like BK MOnolith or something from SVS?

Soldato
I built a DIY "clone" of this sub. It works well and plays very low, but is naturally limited in output. I'd sort of reccomend it for large bedroom size rooms; in too small a room it'll be boomy as it does have an extended low end response, but in too big a room it won't have adequate output. The sound quality is quite tight and articulate, it performs well with music :)

EDIT: link if you want to see it: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/subwoofers/98478-pmc-tle1-style-sub.html

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I'd rather not go in to figures, but considering it's a £2000 sub the price is extremly attractive. I'm leaning towards it because in the future I'll be buying a TB2/DB1 system and this is the matching sub.

Dr Em - interesting link, sadly I can't see the photos. Any chance you could host them over here? :)

Soldato
Don't know how useful the construction pics are, here's a few though:

I think it ended up larger than the TLE1, and not as pretty :D

Incidently, I am now looking to sell it (lack of space).

Soldato
There's some wadding in there yeah, but not much as it's very bandwidth limited being a subwoofer, it is more to "fine tune" it as it effectively changes the line length :)

Back
Top Bottom