Samsung F4 2TB Drive any good ?

Associate
Speed looks good for a green drive - but how noisy are they?
I have a couple of F3 1.5TB, which are fairly quiet - especially compared to the Seagates and Hitachis I've bought over the last year.
I was looking to buy one for an HTPC.

Soldato
Speed looks good for a green drive - but how noisy are they?
I have a couple of F3 1.5TB, which are fairly quiet - especially compared to the Seagates and Hitachis I've bought over the last year.
I was looking to buy one for an HTPC.

Speed looks damn good. Close to caviar black levels and should be very very quiet. I will know on Monday and post back.

Associate
My F3's transfer a fair bit of humming through the hot swaps in my case which i find a little annoying. Would be nice to know what the F4's are like vibration wise with them being a lower rpm.
I always wondered if the WD's with the spindle held at both ends also reduced some vibration but heard that the seek noise is fairly loud on them.

Associate
My pair will arrive on Tuesday. Hopefully. :D

Mine would have done m8 but I'm not in tuesday so opted for wednesday instead.

I should have bought 'em at the cheaper price yesterday evening. Oh well.

I was going to m8 but without the free shipping and only being able to purchase 1 item per basket and with shipping it was about the same anyway...cant remember the exact price so I waited for today to order.

Associate
ok i have had to bite the bullet and install win 7 as all new hard drives and ssd's need this for trim etc.
what i want to know is how to format in w7 as been using it 5 hours now (win7 not 2tb hard drive)

Permabanned
I've bought two - and one of them is faulty. Not a great start.

Here's some quick benchmarks for the working drive -

hd204uicdm.png

:eek:

:(

Back
Top Bottom