• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Haswell 4770K Temps

Associate
can someone kindly point me to the easiest to use software to capture my temps from my system so I can post them for comparison with others.

I've got speedfan and am using the gigabyte utilities to see temps. It seems im idling at 28C and I haven't seen it go over 40C in the bios when its at 3.9GHz.

Im using a 4770k with UD4H with no overclocking at the moment.

thanks

Soldato
Real temp has not been updated since jan 2012, it gave me wrong temperature readings on an ivy pentium by up to 10c. Core temp on the other hand is spot on and gave readings in line with other monitor programs.

Associate
RealTemp T|I Edition
http://www.overclock.net/t/1330144/realtemp-t-i-edition

Intel standardized reading core temperatures from their CPUs in 2008 when the first Core i CPUs were released. RealTemp 3.70 supports Haswell because nothing has changed. The temperature data is in the same register location and the correct value for TJ Max is also in the same location as previous Core i CPUs. TJ Max is 100C for the desktop Haswell CPUs that I have seen.

If you ever see RealTemp and Core Temp reporting significantly different temperatures then go into the RealTemp Settings window and click on the Defaults button. This will read the correct value for TJ Max from the CPU. Adjustable TJ Max was a good idea in the Core 2 era but it's not needed any more so this feature will be dropped in future versions of RealTemp. It caused too many problems when users swapped CPUs or ran RealTemp on different computers using the same USB Drive. When this happens, the TJ Max value from the previous CPU might get used.

The T|I version reports C State residency time. This should also work correctly on the new Haswell CPUs because the C State counters in the Intel Core i CPU are also at a fixed location.

Back
Top Bottom