*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
I haven't seen a single error since launch with probably over 40 hours played until I installed BF4 tonight; one crash while playing and another while looking through screenshots, most odd.

When it works though BF4 plays really well, great fun on a par with the PC version.

Bf4 is the only reason I'm glad I bought a ps4.

I was disappointed with resogun, killzone and war thunder (the only other games I bought/downloaded).

Hopefully driveclub is good.

Edit: played at least 5 rounds in Bf4 since getting it without a single crash, however a few obvious lag/frame rate issues.

Last edited:
Caporegime
The silver skins "50 people are viewing this per hour".... really!? Never understood covering it in crappy stickers. Especially the pads.

they aren't stickers they are proper decals made of vinyl.

loads of people put them on their phones and laptops on here already, so why not a console?

it prevents scratches to the controller and i think it makes the console look amazing and unique, people will come round and go wow, is that a limited edition, etc, etc.

i think for the sake of a few quid (you should see ho expensive some of the phone ones are which is a tiny device) they are worth buying, i'm definitely considering it, just need to figure out which design looks best

need to learn self control, couldnt resist BF4 at that price and using CDKeys i got it for less than £30 so its a very good price.

doesnt help i was debating picking it up anyway at full price

i have already posted this several times, i don't know why people go mad over buying a digital copy for £35 when the hard copy can be had for less than that from amazon using their trade in programme.

all you need to do is trade in fifa 14, bf4 or nfs for ps3 or 360 and pay £10 to get fifa 14 on ps4 hard copy, or £11 for BF4 on ps4 hard copy.

i recently bought fifa 14 off the members market for £12, add on £11 and that makes it £23 for BF4 on ps4 disc version brand new from amazon.

beat that

Soldato
Surprised that BF4 / ps3 offer worked tbh! - Managed to get it installed last night (Simply purchase from PSN on a PC and it will allow you to immediately purchase the upgrade on PSN too).

It did a while to get installed though - Campaign was available 100% straight away but FULL GAME (Multiplayer) didn't work until a long time afterwards - too ages to download I guess. Also needed about 3 reboots to get into the game as it kept just 'crashing'.

Still ain't played it yet though lol. Like the way it hooks into my phone battlelog app :)

Much rather prefer the digital version over hard copy no faffing around with discs (I very rarely sell games on either tbh)

Caporegime
i'm liking this skin

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Designer-...aceplates_Decals_Stickers&hash=item19e5713bbf

think that is the best out of the lot, some of the other ones are clearly aimed at teenagers or virgins.

i liked the WW2 one as well but it says made in the USA and is basically plastered with USA flag, would have preferred if it was allies based rather than the typical american we won the war single handedly.

Associate
Mine turned up just over an hour ago from Argos via Yodel. Just been downloading all the patches and free games, will be having a good blast on Battlefield later on. Feel free to add me, just reference OCUK in the request. ID is below

Soldato
i'm liking this skin

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Designer-...aceplates_Decals_Stickers&hash=item19e5713bbf

think that is the best out of the lot, some of the other ones are clearly aimed at teenagers or virgins.

i liked the WW2 one as well but it says made in the USA and is basically plastered with USA flag, would have preferred if it was allies based rather than the typical american we won the war single handedly.

if i put anything like that on one of the consoles under the tv my missus would kick my **** :p

Soldato
i'm liking this skin

I have no idea why you would want to put that on your console tbh. It's Horrid.

It looks nice as it is.

Caporegime

It looks nice as it is.

So it's unique well more unique than a stock console anyway.

Every console I have had I have left it stock, but this would make it different.

Otherwise every car you see on the road would be the same colour. You choose what you like.

There's people on here that customise their pc cases, etc.

It's either that or the "wood" finish. I have a vinyl on my laptop and people always ask me how I got that design on the back of my laptop.

It's no different to buying a coloured controller or coloured console in my eyes

Soldato

It looks nice as it is.

agrees, looks hideous... in other news, thanks for the bf4 tips yesterday. got the game after you did for £34.99 . now I've got bf4 on my pc, but on ps4 considering I ran the game at 1080 ultra on my alienware laptop the ps4 held up surprisingly well ...

I have no idea what type of wizardry the ps4 is pulling off, but that will be ac black flag and now bf4 that almost look and perform on par with a £1400 laptop. And the ps4 is only slighty deeper in depth and smaller in footprint then my 17" laptop. I am truly impressed with ps4. after the ps3, Sony has gone and done a ps2 this time around.

very good games console, very few complaints. psn maxed my 40mb connection downloading bf4, took less then an hour to be up and running.

Soldato
So it's unique well more unique than a stock console anyway.

Every console I have had I have left it stock, but this would make it different.

Otherwise every car you see on the road would be the same colour. You choose what you like.

There's people on here that customise their pc cases, etc.

It's either that or the "wood" finish. I have a vinyl on my laptop and people always ask me how I got that design on the back of my laptop.

It's no different to buying a coloured controller or coloured console in my eyes

each to there own , I don't think it looks all that nice IMO. but then I'm not really into skinning. was at lan few weeks back, guy had skinned an alienware m17x laptop looked horrendous but I guess he liked it...

Back
Top Bottom