Sky BB bad ping

Associate
I'm on the mid package with sky bb. For some reason when I play battlefield 2 I keep getting kicked off the servers for having a high ping rate, says it's
500+. :mad:

Any thing I can install to help this or anything i can do to solve it?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
500ms is very high. Is it just battlefield that you get high pings in or is it everything?

You could try phoning / emailing sky and ask them to lower the max delay to 8.
Doing this managed to reduce my ping from 50 down to 25. :)

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-news-announcements/16513-sky-have-listened-gamers.html

It's only on battlefield 2 (Don't play any other games). Just phoned them and they sed there is nothing they can do, sky don't support gamers. She sed I would need a more expensive connection. :mad:

Soldato
whoever you spoke to doesnt listen.

they support max delay. phone again for bband tech and tell them you need your max delays reduced to 8ms. if she says they dotn support it tell her to read her briefs and ask for a manager.

Associate
OP
Might try again sometime Dave. She was foreign and I could hardly understand her. She started talking about people with faster connections aren't better gamers because they have faster connections. And she was going to speak to her friend for me (Not manager). Weirdo ;)

Soldato
Ive not experienced high pings with my connection, im getting 50-90 on wireless which isnt too bad.

Do you think that some people may already have this done, if not how much will it decrease my Pings by?

Indeed sky will lower on all llu packages as anti hero said.

Typical results once the delays are sorted and the line tidied up fetch between 25-45ms for most.

Soldato
Glad I found this thread, thanks for the link Lee87. Currently waiting my call back from Tier 3 support, but have my ticket number. According to most posts on the Sky forum, the reduction in this Max Delay setting will almost half the ping timings. I do hope so as my average ping to UK servers is 90m/s.

Associate
OMG that was difficult. Got there in the end though.

Best thing to do is get a ticket number from tier 1. Ring back and say you have an open ticket and request to be put through to tier 3. After a few questions ,as tier 1 will try to resolve for you, you should be put through.

As soon as I spoketo tier 3 they new exactly what I was talking about.

P.S - I miss virgin media. :(

TrUz

Soldato
Good stuff, I am still trying to get through to Tier 3. Have your pings improved then?

Currently playing COD4 on Xbox Live is not great at all. Its playable, but in the lobby my connection shows as two yellow bars, whilst all the other players have 4 or 5 green bars. I then get pwned which I blame completly on my bad pings....nothing to do with my lack of skill, no not at all :D

Associate
Good stuff, I am still trying to get through to Tier 3. Have your pings improved then?

Currently playing COD4 on Xbox Live is not great at all. Its playable, but in the lobby my connection shows as two yellow bars, whilst all the other players have 4 or 5 green bars. I then get pwned which I blame completly on my bad pings....nothing to do with my lack of skill, no not at all :D
Not tried yet as I am not back from work. Will let you know soon. :)

TrUz

Back
Top Bottom