Sky smtp

Soldato
I have my website hosting with 34sp and I use this for all my email. However, I don't have 34sp SMTP access so in the past I've been using my ISPs server.

All was working fine when I changed to smtp.sky.com then it stopped, a quick look on the sky site and I selected "my server requires authentication" for outgoing mail in outlook express and entered my details. This did the trick for a day or two but not it's stopped working too.

Does anyone know how I can sort this apart from paying 34sp for their smtp service?

Associate
I was looking at this yesterday as I'm considering saving some money and switching to Sky. Basically they've farmed their email service out to Google. There's one comment here with someone saying they've managed to get it working with their own domain email.

Associate
Just bear in mind that according to the info and the comments it's your Sky email address that will shown as the sender, that may not be what you want.

Soldato
OP
Just bear in mind that according to the info and the comments it's your Sky email address that will shown as the sender, that may not be what you want.
I gave it a test and it looks like the email comes from my 34sp account in outlook express but it might be different with other email programmes so I'll keep an eye out.

Back
Top Bottom