Overclockers UK Forums Click here for more details
Free Shipping for Loyal Forum Members - CLICK HERE

Go Back   Overclockers UK Forums > Audio Visual > Photography & Video

Old 12th Jun 2008, 13:33   #1
Crossy
Wise Guy

St. Mary's Hospital/Asylum, Stannington, Northumberland

Visited the hospital with a few friends. Was a really exciting visit and got loads of photo's. I struggled a bit with low light as it was my first indoor shoot with low light. So these are the best i come up with so far.

Last edited by Crossy; 12th Jun 2008 at 14:27.
Crossy is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 12th Jun 2008, 15:51   #2
Kona*
Wise Guy

I have visited this place about 4 or 5 times now with a few different people and I still see something new each time I go Did you go into the tunnels? My favorite room is the "living carpet" room upstairs!

I pulled the face at your first photo, that floor has taken two explorers legs (ie, broke them) so far as it is riddled with dry rot, as you can see by the state of the stage and numerous holes in the floor! I am surprised you made it that far without falling through!

Do you do much urbexing or is this your first venture into it? If you want more info on other sites around the north east just ask and I can point you in the right direction.

Cheers,

Craig

2500K @ 4.6GHz // 8GB Corsair XMS3 // ASRock Extreme4 Gen3
MSI GTX 570 TwinFrozr III // Samsung 830 128GB
// NZXT Phantom
ASUS Xonar DX // Antec TruePower 750W // Custom WC
Kona* is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 12th Jun 2008, 16:41   #3
Helium_Junkie
Soldato

Fun stuff Love all the foliage on that floor.

- A man chooses, a slave obeys -
Helium_Junkie is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 12th Jun 2008, 16:49   #4
Crossy
Wise Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr4iG View Post
I have visited this place about 4 or 5 times now with a few different people and I still see something new each time I go Did you go into the tunnels? My favorite room is the "living carpet" room upstairs!

I pulled the face at your first photo, that floor has taken two explorers legs (ie, broke them) so far as it is riddled with dry rot, as you can see by the state of the stage and numerous holes in the floor! I am surprised you made it that far without falling through!

Do you do much urbexing or is this your first venture into it? If you want more info on other sites around the north east just ask and I can point you in the right direction.

Cheers,

Craig
Hi mate. Yep, it is indeed the first time we went and my first time doing derelict explorations. and i really enjoyed it. Yeah i noticed the holes in the floor! When we were running while the timer was on, we could fell the floor sagging. Id love to know more places to go!. My mate send me a file for google earth on all the asylums and hospitals in the UK. Not too many in our region though. Hmmm, the tunnels..we did see stairs going down, we presumed it was a cellar. Are they down there?
Old 12th Jun 2008, 17:42   #5
InvaderGIR
Capodecina

For something like that, I wouldn't have risked using the timer, get yourself a remote for the camera. The D40X can use an IR remote, which isn't too costly, and can save a lot of hassle...especially if the floor is week and you are running on it.

InvG

InvaderGIR is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jun 2008, 09:08   #6
Kona*
Wise Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossy View Post
Hi mate. Yep, it is indeed the first time we went and my first time doing derelict explorations. and i really enjoyed it. Yeah i noticed the holes in the floor! When we were running while the timer was on, we could fell the floor sagging. Id love to know more places to go!. My mate send me a file for google earth on all the asylums and hospitals in the UK. Not too many in our region though. Hmmm, the tunnels..we did see stairs going down, we presumed it was a cellar. Are they down there?
The tunnels are indeed down those stairs, the ones beside the main hall with the dodgey floor It is covered in asbestos down there so a P3 mask is a must (not a disposable mask - something that will do Blue, Brown & White asbestos, I use a Sundstrom SR100) its worth a look.

If you head over to www.northeasturbex.co.uk you will find more info on other sites in the North East, also if you drop me a PM on there (Kona) I will see if I can get you invited to some explores, if your up for that?

// NZXT Phantom
Old 13th Jun 2008, 10:18   #7
Crossy
Wise Guy

Quote:
The tunnels are indeed down those stairs, the ones beside the main hall with the dodgey floor It is covered in asbestos down there so a P3 mask is a must (not a disposable mask - something that will do Blue, Brown & White asbestos, I use a Sundstrom SR100) its worth a look.

If you head over to www.northeasturbex.co.uk you will find more info on other sites in the North East, also if you drop me a PM on there (Kona) I will see if I can get you invited to some explores, if your up for that?

Thanks for the link. Yeah, that would be awesome. Just waiting for my account to be active. Wow, i really need to stock up on some kit!
Old 13th Jun 2008, 10:29   #8
Kona*
Wise Guy

Just activated your account. It appears that another guy from your group has just signed up too and knows one of the existing members of the forum

// NZXT Phantom
Old 13th Jun 2008, 10:31   #9
Crossy
Wise Guy

Quote:
Just activated your account. It appears that another guy from your group has just signed up too and knows one of the existing members of the forum
Hi, yep, i just noticed that! Just made my first Introduction post