CS:S

Associate
hey i keep getting a ping of about 60-80 while playing this game and servers keep kicking me for having a high ping, firewall is open 2 allow connection and i have a 6-7mb net speed depending on day, no downloads being used for any torrents etc and im on uk servers, any ideas?

hope this post is in the right place

Associate
on the server list, filter the searches to servers in your own continent, with a latency of below 100 or so, then go on the ones with the lowest latency.. you should get better pings

Associate
OP
on the server list, filter the searches to servers in your own continent, with a latency of below 100 or so, then go on the ones with the lowest latency.. you should get better pings

been on the uk ones, had a friend only 2miles from me go on the the same server with me and with his 3mb line he managed 20-25 pings

Associate
OP
im guessing you havent checked your rates recently in css?

go into the console and then come back and tell us the rates by typing in these command lines and you should get to see the values:

rate
cl_cmdrate
cl_updaterate

if thats aimed at me ive already checked them and fiddled with them for an hour with no combination gettin lower than a ping of 60

Associate
OP
just rang them, first person was foreign so didnt seem 2 understand what i was asking, i got through to another woman and she claimed that no such thing existed but eventually she said she'd talk to a more technical guy and all of a sudden she knew exactly what was happening when she came back and talked like she'd done it before, not sure they are keen to do this so might be trying to deny it to people who dont know what to ask for.

cheers for the help, now getting pings of 30-40

Back
Top Bottom