Help needed with Vista Drivers for Dynamode Wireless PCI Card

Associate
Hi,

I recently purchased a Dynamode WL-GI-600XA PCI wireless netowrk card for my computer.

It works, but I have a problem with it.

The "Dynamode WLAN Utility" program that comes with the card is rubbish and I cant get it to work on Vista. In order to establish a connection with my router, I have to manually disable it and manually connect to my router with the Windows default wireless management program (cant remember the name of it). I have to do this every time I turn on my computer.

So why dont I uninstall the Utility program?

You can....but it removes the device driver for the card as well, rendering it non-functional! As far as I cant tell, there is no way/option to just remove the Dynamode Utitilty program without also removing the device driver.

Why dont I configure Vista so the Utility program doesnt start on boot-up?

I tried this too, but its not actually listed as a startup program, but starts up anyway (?) I cant figure this one out.

Im really at my wits end, Ive googled, Ive visited both the Dynamode UK and worldwide websites, I cant find any forum or help anywhere to fix this problem.

I cant even find Vista drivers for the card, not on the main site or anywhere.

My main course of research at the moment is to try and find out what chipset the card uses, and then try and locate a working vista driver for that chipset (without the annoying Dynamode utility program). I have found out that the card uses a "Ralink" chipset, however I dont know which one, so I dont know which driver to try from the Ralink website.

Anyway thanks for reading if you have made it this far, any constructive advice or help appreciated.

Associate
Uninstall the drivers and utility software completely, then use Device Manager to update the drivers for the network adaptor (point at the driver CD or location of the driver files). Providing it works you'll have a drivers only install to use with Windows' own WLAN service.

Associate
OP
Ok, firstly thanks for the responses!

leezer - I have tried the XP driver, unfortunately it does not work.

Daegan/Duke - The driver files themselves are embedded in the executable that sets up the LAN utility program, so I cant point vista anywhere to the driver files.

I do appreciate the attempts at help, I am determined to beat this pos card somehow!

Edit: I may have spoken too soon...

Daegan Ill try your method, but I think what I will do is locate the driver files before I uninstall the utility program, and then copy them to another folder. That way once I uninstall the utility program, I should have an extracted copy of the driver files themselves!

Fingers crossed that works.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom