How to add, Enqueue in winamp to windows explorer ?

Associate
Normally when i want to add a few files from the same place to winamp, i would normally highlight them and then choose enqueue in winamp

But for some reason, when i now go to right click on whichever files i want to add to winamp, that option is no longer there

I have tried to reinstall but no joy, just the add to windows media player stuff is in there

Im running Vista ultimate 32

Soldato
Go into the Winamp Preferences, go to the Jump to File section, and then Shell Options below that. There should be an option there that lets you choose what appears on the right click menu.

Associate
OP
I've actually got UAC turned off, as its annoying

I can run as administrator the winamp exe in program files, i guess it said no before as i was attempting to run it from a shortcut

I had a look in the shell and the option was turned off, turned it on and ticked all the boxes etc, it even let me choose what to appear, and what not to appear in the right click explorer menu

And yet, it still doesnt work lol

Associate
OP
ahhh, just realised, it will let you add the folder into winamp but the selected tracks from it, such as if you were in the folder

Bah, i guess ill have to drag and drop into the winamp player instead

Associate
OP
In winamp, under the file types section in the preferences, there's an option to "Enqueue files on double click in windows explorer"

That what you're after?

Fraid not mate, using windows xp in winamp, i could highlight a selection of MP3s or whatever and choose Enqueue in winamp, in vista this does not seem to be the case.

Looking at all the options suggested above, i've had a fiddle and found out that i can only enqueue that folder in winamp

Or to be honest, the "Enqueue files on double click in windows explorer" is on via default, its really annoying as i double click on a track that im looking for it queues it up, instead of playing that track immidiately, so im actually gonna turn that one off

Associate
OP
Actually the "Enqueue files on double click in windows explorer" isnt on via default, there are like 3 places where you can choose double click mode, in the general preferences, file types, explorer settings its actually unchecked, yet it queues them up anyway

Jeeze, what on earth is up with this thing ? Maybe ive found a bug ?

Last edited:
Don
just incase, install newest winamp..

the only program i allow to 'integrate' into right click menu's is 7zip
the more you have the slower it goes, so i disable the winamp one too tbh

Back
Top Bottom