The All New Desktop Thread, Images No Larger Than 800x600

Soldato
36935247nz0.jpg

Cant get enough of Hanna Hilton, she is stunning :)

Associate
Just a query. I haven't applied any themes to vista but did so with xp a couple of years ago which just ended up causing instability.. I do like some of the themes available for vista but a little worried about installing them.. Anyone had any issues?

I tried installing some themes on Vista 64 a few weeks ago. I followed all the instructions, system restore point, etc, etc and still managed to mess it up!

Fair enough I made some mistakes myself - but make sure you know what you're doing :)

Question time - Good site for rocketdock themes? DeviantArt still one of the best?

Soldato
Just a query. I haven't applied any themes to vista but did so with xp a couple of years ago which just ended up causing instability.. I do like some of the themes available for vista but a little worried about installing them.. Anyone had any issues?

I tried installing some themes on Vista 64 a few weeks ago. I followed all the instructions, system restore point, etc, etc and still managed to mess it up!

Fair enough I made some mistakes myself - but make sure you know what you're doing :)

All I did (vista 64 ultimate) was download vistaglazz for sp1 which was beta at the time, run both of the patches and then found my chosen theme (called vista glass in my case). I did have uac set to silent mode though.
Just make sure that the themes are 64bit compatible if you use 64bit os.

Associate
where did you get that clock from on the sidebar?
Those are yahoo widgets. Just have to pick the right ones for a good look and function. They can be moved around too. I love'm.
http://widgets.yahoo.com/

also does anyone know how to remove
sidebar.jpg

so to have a clean sidebar?
In your notification area there is the icon where you can set not to load those at startup and also exit them. Alternatively you can change your startups with "msconfig".

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom