The new PSN issues since Thursday

Soldato
1. Have you had more difficulty logging into the PSN since Thursday e.g. timing out, getting signed back out after 10 minutes etc.

2. What is your ISP

thank you.

Theories so far suggest that Sony have changed their servers or smt which seem more restrictive and require greater user bandwith. When i asked them about it this morning they mentioned that limited bandwith could be a factor in preventing loggin in to PSN. He didnt say whether they had changed anything their end...seemed more interested in blaming Sky (my isp)

Wondering if anyone else has been affected by this. The issue is all over the playstation forums....

Soldato
OP
yep im suspecting myself it is something to do with the changes Sky are making that are about to hit all their broadband customers 22/6/09

Soldato
I was going to post about this.

Sky BB

Problems from Thursday. Taking ages to sign in. When it does, its ok for 10-15 minutes then signs out. Timeouts. Its been worst today. I've rebooted the router about 10 times and still the problem persists.

I've googled it and it seems loads of people from sky are having problems. One bloke was told on the Offical PSN forums by Sky that they were looking into the problem.

Soldato
OP
What changes are these? I'm on Sky broadband, not heard of this...

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-news-announcements/30728-changes-sky-broadband-june-22nd-a.html

I have been explicitly told by a couple of Sky employees that no they are not at fault with regard to the PSN issues..well they had no idea what was causing it. reason i started this thread as i wanted to try to narrow down the possibilities of those with the PSN issues which only started *from thursday*

e.g. was it only happening to sky customers, sky connect customers even? or sky customers who are heavy usage downloaders/online gamers etc.

I mention the gaming aspect because there is also a rumour of another Sky broadband package specifically set for gamers. Now why would ppl need another package unless something happened to their current connection e.g. like being unable to access PSN or whatnot... in any case its a cert sky have been doing something to the lines because the new packages are all different speeds.

Last edited:
Soldato
Interesting

PSN works fine on sky btw if you enter a custom DNS in the PS3's network settings.

Set up your network again but put these in instead of letting it auto detect the DNS:

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Interesting

PSN works fine on sky btw if you enter a custom DNS in the PS3's network settings.

yeah thats what i and many other people did a while back. See the thing which seems to be a clue to me is that during non-peak times it seems easier to get logged in and stay in the PSN. e.g. really early in the morning or after 1am.

Kinda weird no? Why would that be? Does logging into PSN require any sort of unique check or extra bandwith? I mean ive not come across this kinda thing in online pc gaming.....i'm very interested in discovering why this is happening and if the ISP is involved in it.....

putting on my tinfoil hat..and lizardsuit costume..i smell some kind of conspiracy herez :D

Back
Top Bottom