• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Discussion On The ATI Radeon 5*** Series Before They Have Been Released Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
While the demo seemed very nice, don't forget that the GPU is only rendering one model at that time that is not something you will have in a game with multiple models needed to be rendered at the same time, rooms, etc.

Seems impressive though since from demos like these you get to see the detail on models on upcoming videogames in the not too distant future.

Soldato
While the demo seemed very nice, don't forget that the GPU is only rendering one model at that time that is not something you will have in a game with multiple models needed to be rendered at the same time, rooms, etc.

Seems impressive though since from demos like these you get to see the detail on models on upcoming videogames in the not too distant future.
I personally view it as the Ruby shown for last gen is roughly what appears in this gen's gfx cards. I can't wait for the next batch when that sort of model is in all games :D

x18xx series ruby (what we have now imo)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdQkfp72Yls

48xx series ruby (what i expect from this gen)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fzkHGch12c&feature=fvw/

Exciting times ^^

Last edited:
Soldato
Christ they need reviews up soon, not long before the cards are released! if there are no benchmarks etc.. then it's basically like buying a car blindfolded.

Last few launches have only had reviews up on the day, or leaked a day or two before release.

You can tell they are confident with this one, they are building up excitement and creating a great buzz.

Man of Honour
Got these off another forum, sorry if already posted. If they are true it looks damn quick

5800c.jpg

132a.jpg

Associate
i dont think i could use 6 monitors, the midle of the screen is on one of the edges, can only see this working on 3, 5 (all horizontal) and 9 (3x3) as the middle would be actually on a screen

Associate
Already posted at least once, it says 5870 OC.. so overclocked, i would have expected results as good as those before even overclocking tbh.

Too young to remember previous GPU releases or something? Because faster than 2x4890's is very good for a single GPU. Compared to other new gen GPU's released in the past it's better than what most delivered, especially with ATI.

I expect NV's top end GT300 to be faster than a 5870 though.

Last edited:
Associate
Triple monitor is not the same as HD Projector. I've got the projector my mate has TH2G. I'll summarise.

Projector is frickin sweet however it does have drawbacks. You already spend too much time inside on the PC, now your closing the curtains 24/7. Small children will ask "what's wrong with the albino man mummy"

I have a large room with my projector in it. While it looks awesome you quickly find its like sitting in the front row at an IMAX cinema. Because of the screen size you will get motion sick if you suffer from that as you will be physically moving your head unless you own a living room the size of a village hall.

TH2G/Eyefinity is a technology not quite there yet. Its basically reinventing the wheel, this is simply an expansion of widescreen.

Bezels are naff but you only focus on the centre monitor as usual so they do not detract from the experience. It is only time however before single huge widescreen resolution monitors or ones without bezels come along.

Games spend a lot of time simulating 'first person' and as such have a reason for reproducing that kind of viewing experience. However movies only tend to do this for action sequences. Hence why the uptake and physical hardware is slower appearing than widescreen TV's, as its purely pushed by the unique way games let us interact.

Caporegime
I hope they release 2GB models at at launch and don't try and pull a fast one like with 4870 where only 512MB was available for a period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom