BenQ G2420HDBL (LED Backlit) or BenQ G2420HD

Associate
Just ordered myself a Benq G2420HDBL as a christmas present to myself, for 150 notes it's a steal.

I was wondering whether to wait until 120hz versions are out next year, but no doubt it will be a long time until similarly spec'd monitors at this price. I would write a review and post some pictures when it comes but I'll be too busy spilling zombie guts on l4d2. :p

Associate
Yeah I caved in and got it.
Its a very nice screen. A worry of mine were viewing angles on these TN panels but its no problem here.
The screen is way too bright. I actually have the brightness set at 0 and still it needs to be lowered a bit more according to media center calibrator. and contrast I've set to about 35/100.

But its crisp, colours are good. I haven't tried any fast games just dragon age, but I'm very happy with it.

Associate
Fixit can you comfirm that your monitor is the G2420HDBL, because I have this monitor and I cannot get my PS3 to display properly, and struggle to even g et an image, I havent tried new cables, but can you comfirm for me please.. Look on the top right of the monitor itself(not the screen) it should say or even look on ur box etc..thanks

Associate
/derail Slightly off topic but for anyone on a tighter budget > I have the G2220HD which cost about £35 less than the G2420's and can report that the feedback of it's bigger brother quality apply to the smaller model. The image sharpness and colours are faultless, case is identical and menu buttons are fiddly. It also has no backlight or HDMI port, just VGA port with supplied cable and DVI-I slot. Very nice smaller monitor for 1920*1080 max rez.
/derail off

Associate
Fixit can you comfirm that your monitor is the G2420HDBL, because I have this monitor and I cannot get my PS3 to display properly, and struggle to even g et an image, I havent tried new cables, but can you comfirm for me please.. Look on the top right of the monitor itself(not the screen) it should say or even look on ur box etc..thanks

Hi vybz, Yes my Monitor is G2420HDBL and it says so on the top right hand corner. I can confirm that my PS3 works 100% with this monitor, I’ve played MW2, fifa09 and wipeout hd demo on it and all work perfect. Had my lead off the bay, do an exact search for “1.5M HDMI TO DVI D CABLE 24K GOLD PLATED CONNECTORS PS3” and it will come up with the place I had mine from price £3.20. Hope that helps.

Jimmy

Last edited:
Associate
Ok thanks very much Jimmy, i didnt buy that exact cable because i dont hav eebay and paypal so i went to ******s and got one, i know it cost like £20 more but i couldnt wait and now it works perfectly thanks very much again. I will post pics for people who want to see.
Ricco

Associate
FiXiT, I assume you didn't buy the monitor from OcUK (I can't find em if you did!)?

I have pondered over a 24" upgrade for a while and was put off spending £400+ on Dell / HP following the reviews on here, the £150 for this sounds much more sensible for my use.
I was bought an Inno3D GeForce GTX285 OC (1024MB) and something like the G2420HDBL I think would be ideal (Fed via DVI) for general PC use and some video / gaming, would you agree?

Associate
FiXiT, I assume you didn't buy the monitor from OcUK (I can't find em if you did!)?

I have pondered over a 24" upgrade for a while and was put off spending £400+ on Dell / HP following the reviews on here, the £150 for this sounds much more sensible for my use.
I was bought an Inno3D GeForce GTX285 OC (1024MB) and something like the G2420HDBL I think would be ideal (Fed via DVI) for general PC use and some video / gaming, would you agree?

I bought mine from REMOVED but the last one, theres the non LED backlight version on there for around £10 cheaper

Back
Top Bottom