Sony Ericsson Android XPERIA

RSR

RSR

Soldato
Tutorial – Online Video Services in XPERIA X10

The huge 4 inch screen of XPERIA X10 of course is great for watching video. It’s both big enough to make it comfortable and has really high resolution to show all details. In the short tutorial here I show two different video services live in the X10. The first one is the SVT-play service offered on the mobile web page of Swedish public service TV - SVT. The other service shown is the included YouTube client. In that client there is an important option to really experience video in the best way, the option is to “Watch in high quality” which really makes a huge difference compared to the normal mobile service offered by YouTube.

http://blogs.sonyericsson.com/products/2010/02/26/tutorial-online-video-services-in-xperia-x10/

:D

RSR

RSR

Soldato
Tutorial – Face Recognition in XPERIA X10

One of the most requested things for me to show in a tutorial has been the face recognition feature of the X10. Over the years our mobile phones have often inherited new features from dedicated point&shoot cameras, things like face-detection, smile-shutter etc have been some of the latest.
In X10 this is taken one step further as the feature face recognition is added, a feature that as far as I know isn’t really that common in dedicated cameras. I would guess that is due to the fact that a dedicated camera is something you use to take pictures or shoot movies – period. You then watch the pictures in you computer, print them or show them online. This might be the reason why this feature is instead generally implemented in the application used to watch and store the pics, such as Google Picasa etc.

http://blogs.sonyericsson.com/products/2010/02/10/tutorial-face-recognition-in-xperia-x10/

Associate
Personally I'm stuck between this and the Desire...the X10 has a slightly inferior spec with the exception of the camera and that screen. Also, it's shipping with Android 1.6 but will be upgradeable by summer I think- though I wonder if this upgrade will also include Adobe Flash support which the new version is touting?

Honestly, I'm stuck here, proof of the pudding will be in the...well...reviews.

Soldato
Personally I'm stuck between this and the Desire...the X10 has a slightly inferior spec with the exception of the camera and that screen. Also, it's shipping with Android 1.6 but will be upgradeable by summer I think- though I wonder if this upgrade will also include Adobe Flash support which the new version is touting?

Honestly, I'm stuck here, proof of the pudding will be in the...well...reviews.

Im stuck between the same 2. Im looking to get it sim free. Its either the x10 or Desire.

Caporegime
That's what I was thinking! :D

Think the desire has a 3.7" screen (same as my HD actually, i think) whereas the x10 has a 4" screen.

How much less RAM does it have? I'm guessing it will make no difference in reality. I think the x10 is definately winning for me mostly due to the fact it actually looks stylish, whereas the desire looks a bit cheap. The one thing putting me off was the speed of the UI but that has sorted itself out.

Having said that I did the same thing over a year ago with my HD. Spend months fawning over the x1, then the HD was announced right before my contact ended, tried both and ended up with the HD... :D

Still the HD2 to consider as well. :(

Caporegime
I am torn between this and the desire, this is edging it though.

Epically if 2.1 is getting realised for it.

I mostly just want to be different though!

RSR

RSR

Soldato
I am torn between this and the desire, this is edging it though.

Epically if 2.1 is getting realised for it.

I mostly just want to be different though!

This will be replacing my iPhone 3GS and thats getting sold / binned, i would keep the iPhone for a phone but its techincally rubbish. I don't even get a signal in some parts of my house with the iPhone. Yet my mum and dad phones both on the same network, both get full signal and they are only a basic 6303 phone. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom